Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - Almost lost Doc today

Meet the jerk that almost killed me today. Going at 70+ MPH on I-95 the twin of whatever it is you see hanging out of his truck bed flew out and smacked right on the front of my Sonata. I did an almost panic stop, and swerved into the shoulder but still couldn't miss it. If someone had been on my ass there would have been a wreck. Had I been a less experienced driver there would have been a wreck. Had I not left a reasonable interval there would have been a wreck, and had I been on a bike there would have been a wreck. He never touched his brakes or showed any indication he knew what happened. Looks sort of like the plastic cover for a front bumper. It was 6-8 feet long and maybe a foot wide.  I hope the sucker cost him several hundred dollars. Got the photo to call FHP if there had been any damage to my car or tires, but looks like there was none.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Jerk 1.jpg 84.5K
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,186
    Sorry to hear that doc. Glad you're okay.
    ·
  • Glad you are ok and the car came out not the worse for wear.  
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,818
    Glad you're okay... F the sheet metal.
    ·
  • I'm glad that jerk didn't hurt ya.  Maybe the Green Hornet is onto something? 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I'm glad that jerk didn't hurt ya.  Maybe the Green Hornet is onto something? 

Had I been driving the Ram instead of the Sonata, the urge would have been hard to suppress.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • I have to ask. How did you snap the pic?

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·

I have to ask. How did you snap the pic?

He took after he was done typing the text for this post... :))
    ·
  • Caught up with him and snapped it with the phone.  I wasn't letting him get away with damaging the car.  Snapping a photo with the phone is nothing like trying to text, I never had to take my eyes off the road, just hold the phone up and press a button.  Would have been much harder to try and write the tag down.
    Pasquali Luciano

·

Caught up with him and snapped it with the phone.  I wasn't letting him get away with damaging the car.  Snapping a photo with the phone is nothing like trying to text, I never had to take my eyes off the road, just hold the phone up and press a button.  Would have been much harder to try and write the tag down.

Totally agree and I've done that as well... Only breaking stones a little :)
    ·
  • I realized that Hap
    :)
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522
    Glad you are ok. It could have been a lot worse. So imbibe to your hearts content today, grill more chicken and enjoy with crystal over your rice. :))

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • With the after the fact knowledge that it was apparently fairly soft I should have just run over it, but since I did not know what it was I was afraid I'd have a double tire failure when I hit it.  At my still probably 60 MPH speed that would have been exciting.  Had I been closer and it hit the windshield, I don't know what would have happened.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Glad you are ok Doc. Scary stuff.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,797
    Close call. Glad that you're OK.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I had a similar experience a couple years ago with an igloo/Gatorade cooler. I hit the damn thing as it came flying off the truck in front of me.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,630
    Glad your ok Doc.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·