Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Guilty Pleasures

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Sunrise in a duck blind :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Need I say more?
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Cheesecake is ......AWESOME!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    shtgunal3 said:

Cheesecake is ......AWESOME!!!

And not guilty!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    edited November 2013
    +2 on the Sonic chili cheese dogs, and the standard Taco Bell hardshells.  I still remember how good the Taco Bell's were three decades ago when the meat was cooked in palm oil, and the cheese was actually 1/3 the weight of the taco, rather than the gossamer decoration it is today.  

Someday I need to fly back to Dayton OH for two things:  White Castle's sliders, and a Skyline Chili "5-way" (spaghetti, chili, cheese, beans, onions, with Tabasco).  Yum!

A couple others:  every couple months I need a Toblerone chocolate bar, and once a year or so I devour an entire box of frozen corn dogs.  Go figure… 
    @-)

EDIT:  oh yeah, I never got into Krispy Kremes, but the almighty Dunkin Donuts returned to utard a few months ago, gotta stop there once, for old time's sake.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Little Debbie Star Crunches and Nutty Bars.  OMG I'm in heaven and I'm NOT normally a sweets person.
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Botch said:

+2 on the Sonic chili cheese dogs, and the standard Taco Bell hardshells.  I still remember how good the Taco Bell's were three decades ago when the meat was cooked in palm oil, and the cheese was actually 1/3 the weight of the taco, rather than the gossamer decoration it is today.  

Someday I need to fly back to Dayton OH for two things:  White Castle's sliders, and a Skyline Chili "5-way" (spaghetti, chili, cheese, beans, onions, with Tabasco).  Yum!

A couple others:  every couple months I need a Toblerone chocolate bar, and once a year or so I devour an entire box of frozen corn dogs.  Go figure… 
    @-)

EDIT:  oh yeah, I never got into Krispy Kremes, but the almighty Dunkin Donuts returned to utard a few months ago, gotta stop there once, for old time's sake.  
    Ewww... You like diarrhea.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Ewww... You like diarrhea.
    So do we (me and you).

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674

Halibut from a fish and chip shop on Scotch bread with butter and tartar sauce and an order of mushy peas and a bottle of malt vinegar.

I have become a fan of malt vinegar for the 5 Guys fries. They are the only fries I eat with the malt vinegar and damn they are good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• A couple of hostess ding dongs. I had a couple awhile back for the first time in a couple years.
    Suwanee Georgia - suburb north of Atlanta
  • Mac and cheese with bacon.  Peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich.  A spoon and a carton of ice cream. 

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• I'm not very fond of the French (too many reasons to list here) but they did teach me to use mayo on my fries, not ketchup. I've never been fond of ketchup anyway so it was an easy transition. Blend a bit of Sriracha into the mayo and oh my..

+1 on Ding Dongs

+++1 on el cheapo corn dogs.. I go all Pavlovian when I smell them at any event...

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • I don't eat at 10 balls (5 guys) very often but I do enjoy it from time to time.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Mickey said:

Halibut from a fish and chip shop on Scotch bread with butter and tartar sauce and an order of mushy peas and a bottle of malt vinegar.

I have become a fan of malt vinegar for the 5 Guys fries. They are the only fries I eat with the malt vinegar and damn they are good.
    I've never eaten at 5 Guys.  My Dad never put ketchup or catsup for that matter on fries or tots.  ALWAYS malt vinegar.  I like them that way too, but I'm not the purist he was. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Taco Time crisp meat burritos and tacos every once in  a while.

Not to tweak @Mickey, but 35 years ago Taco Time's founder, Ron Fraedrick bought a car from me, and I still feel loyalty (yes, I'm a name dropper).

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Cincinnati chili.. Barf. The funniest thing I've heard is Ron White and his chili bit. Guy from Mexico rides his goat to cincinnati with an onion.. Kicks the cincinnati guys ass with his chili.. Now, he just needs a ride home.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:

Cincinnati chili.. Barf.

+1. Worst concoction I have ever tried.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    They love a little chili with their cinnamon.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    I could eat that Little Steven, well I will give the mushy peas to my wife and eat her coleslaw.

Gerhard
  • Botch
    I would pray for you Cincinnati chili haters, but I'm agnostic.   ^#(^

:D

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eggcelsior
    Botch said:

I would pray for you Cincinnati chili haters, but I'm agnostic.   ^#(^

:D
    I don't really hate it because I have never had it. I just think it is hilarious that nearly every local news affiliate repeat the phrase "horrifying diarrhea sludge" when Deadspin ranked Cincinnati chili as the worst food in the country(including DC) at #52/52. Getting hit by a car was #51. @botch, watch the video I linked to. Funny stuff.
  • Botch
    I did watch it, and yes I laughed!  It does point out how actual investigative reporting is essentially nonexistent today, but this is getting dangerously close to the political arena so I'll stop now.

And, this thread IS entitled "Guilty Pleasures".  When I flew from SLC to DC every two months or so in a previous job I always picked the flights that had me connecting in Cincinnati.  They didn't have a Skyline in the airport, but they did have a Five Star, not quite as good but better than the recipes I've found on the 'net.  Cincie chili is unique, not everyone likes it; I do, and if we all liked the same things they'd get very expensive.  
    ;)

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Cincinatti chili is actually pretty good. I had no clue what it was and a chef friend made it for game night a year or 2 ago and its actually pretty good. Not sure if he did his take on it or not but it was like a fall spaghetti. I went back for seconds.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    @lit I actually agree- don't think of it as chili but I enjoy it when I go to Ohio
    Greensboro, NC
  • Eggcelsior
    Botch said:

I did watch it, and yes I laughed!  It does point out how actual investigative reporting is essentially nonexistent today, but this is getting dangerously close to the political arena so I'll stop now.

And, this thread IS entitled "Guilty Pleasures".  When I flew from SLC to DC every two months or so in a previous job I always picked the flights that had me connecting in Cincinnati.  They didn't have a Skyline in the airport, but they did have a Five Star, not quite as good but better than the recipes I've found on the 'net.  Cincie chili is unique, not everyone likes it; I do, and if we all liked the same things they'd get very expensive.  
    ;)
    The dude that wrote the Deadspin piece is actually from Cincinnati. He likes Price Hill Chili the best. Like you said, to each their own.

You're right about the political stuff... Let's not get into a bean debate. ;)

;)
  • Mickey
    @Eggcelsior. Beans in chili suck
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Mickey said:

I agree. I only like them in meat and bean stew.
  • Mickey
    I agree. I only like them in meat and bean stew.

Ham bone makes a pot of pinto beans or pot of butter beans is the about the extent (except re-fried beans) of what I want in beans.

• Eggcelsior
    @mickey, since my wife is Puerto Rican, we do a lot of rice and beans combos. There are some bean soups I do plus the refried variety. Lastly, baked beans. I grew up with blasphemous "chili" but don't call it that anymore, now that VI knows my address.