Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Look what arrived today

Options
I ordered myself one of the new backlit thermapens as a birthday present to myself. I went with white.

It came in today! I got the silicone boot and the zipper case to go with it. 

In honor of the new thermapen, I cooked a decent sized ribeye to split with SWMBO and made the mushroom sauce from @NibbleMeThis 's recent post on Steak Au Poivre here. I paired the steak with mashed potatoes and @Necessaryindulg 's cauliflower with gruyere sauce here. Thanks for the inspiration, both of you! SWMBO was impressed.

I snapped a couple quick photos as I was eating:

plated.

Crappy attempt at a profile of the steak.

I went with the reverse sear on the steak with a chunk of cherry wood for the roast. I couldn't believe how fast the thermapen responded, and the backlight was great for reading temps for this late night cook. It is way faster than I ever imagined.Thanks again to @NibbleMeThis and @NecessaryIndulg for the great recipes and inspiration.

Thanks for reading!
- Proud owner of a Large BGE
- Norman, OK

Comments