Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What will you NOT eat?

Comments

• henapple said:
    Okra? You need to eat it fried. @Aviator.. Frog legs are awesome. I can't think of anything I wouldn't try. I hated turnip greens as a kid... Now I love them.
    Hate it fried too. Nasty, slimy sh*t in my book. Frog legs, meh. Love all greens
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Eel.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Kosko said:
    chitlins( how ever you spell it)

I think it begins with an "s".
    Flint, Michigan
  • Any delivery pizza. The box it comes in tastes better than the greasy crap they sell. Give me a good egged homemade pie any day.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Kosko said:

chitlins( how ever you spell it)

I think it begins with an "s".

"s" is on the end.

Chitterlings. I've always wanted to try Andouillette.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Nutria

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'll  add mountain oysters and balut to my list. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Balut? Nutria I know but have no desire to try. 

Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • caliking
    edited November 2013
    Balut:

Some Asian stores around here sell them.

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Balut, fugu, and while I would try it out of curiosity, I doubt I would like durian! Not a big fan of glands whether turkey or bull, pretty much good with anything else! Oh yeah, I forgot boogers! That's a definite NO!
  • Bayarad
    No to dog and horse as well!
  • brzelt
    brzelt Posts: 62
    Liver or any organ for that matter.  Fresh tomato..... texture for sure because any other type tomato dish, sauce, etc... sign me up!
    Bruce
    L BGE
    Kennesaw, GA
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    I want to add TOFU to my list!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Turnips.  Gasp!
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Ksosko said:
    I want to add TOFU to my list!
    Had some tofu tonight. :-)
  • caliking said:
    Balut:

Some Asian stores around here sell them.
    Yeah, remembered Balut after I posted. Another "just wrong" food.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I really like sushi but will not eat Sea Urchin again. It was just like snot.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • caliking
    Bayarad said:
    Balut, fugu, and while I would try it out of curiosity, I doubt I would like durian! Not a big fan of glands whether turkey or bull, pretty much good with anything else! Oh yeah, I forgot boogers! That's a definite NO!

Bayarad said:
    No to dog and horse as well!
    A Chinese restaurant here used to make durian puffs - durian in the middle and a flaky pastry type shell outside. They were delicious! The odor of durian comes from the rind. The fruit itself is sort of a cross between mango, jackfruit, and banana.

And I've eaten horse too, just to try it. It was pretty lean, and didn't do much for me. 

• I really like sushi but will not eat Sea Urchin again. It was just like snot.
    I hear you on Uni. Nasty. I would try horse even though I lived in KY.  Dog and cat, not so much.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Mayonaise and britches (sacs of cod eggs)...yuk!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • I'm a Cajun and as it is said we eat anything, my wife said I have a cast iron stomach. I live to eat not eat to live..........Yumm Yumm

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • queued
    queued Posts: 50
    I won't touch chicken salad.  I hate mayonnaise and won't eat anything food that has any.
    Raleigh, NC
  • Seanr7
    Seanr7 Posts: 207
    Broccoli. I hate the way it looks, smells, tastes and feels in my mouth. I also won't eat cauliflower because it's albino broccoli.
    XL BGE
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    I won't eat coconut. Can't stand the taste
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Deer, Souce Meat, Chitterlings, Tripe

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited November 2013
    + 1 on the coconut. I bout forgot about that nasty stuff. I like the taste but hate the texture.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Bayarad
    One of my favorite things is a freshly hewn coconut right off the tree with a few shots of rum poured in but only when served somewhere in the Carribean!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    This is interesting; there was a thread similar to this in the past year, and I was surprised at the number of folk who hated green peppers.  Yet, here, not one mention of them.  
    There is a type of Easter candy that looks like jellybeans, but they're larger (like 1" in length) that will make me barf just from the sight of them; Ugh!  
    Also won't eat mackeral sushi (4 days of bad aftertaste) or raw onion (love the taste, but the gas knocked over my girlfriend's Subaru).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Botch said:

This is interesting; there was a thread similar to this in the past year, and I was surprised at the number of folk who hated green peppers.  Yet, here, not one mention of them.  

There is a type of Easter candy that looks like jellybeans, but they're larger (like 1" in length) that will make me barf just from the sight of them; Ugh!  
    Also won't eat mackeral sushi (4 days of bad aftertaste) or raw onion (love the taste, but the gas knocked over my girlfriend's Subaru).  
    That's what makes love a Subaru.

I remember that thread. Green peppers and the genetic mutants who can't handle cilantro.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Now that someone mentioned coconut, I hate candy with coconut in it, or dried coconut, but fresh coconut I can handle.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker