Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Call for Rockwood Pallet Buy in Central TX

i'll be ordering the Rockwood on Friday. if you want in, PM me on here with how many you want. I'll answer all questions off line. Thanks Tex
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• for all those who emailed me- i got you covered. prefer PM though since it's easier for me to keep track.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    You had me at last call...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited October 2013
    I knew I was talking a language your were comfortable with

We will order next week so if anyone wants in there is still time.
  • henapple
    Terms I'm comfortable with.. M

Last call
    I'll respect you
    Hey ya'll, watch this
    No, the Ozark isn't stolen
    Why not?
    I've never, but I'm game.
    I'll take 3 eggs over medium and a PBR
    Did I really do that?
    Sorry about that...
    No officer, I haven't been drinking.. Much
  • Hate to be stupid, but what does PM mean?
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • henapple
    Private message...
    just click on my handle and send me a message.
    I just sent you one so check your inbox.

• I can see the message that you PM'd to me, but can you tell me if it's a right or left click on your handle.  What do I look for to send a message?  Thanks for the help.  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    edited October 2013
    left click and look for the "message" button in my profile. You can also just reply to the message I sent you.
  • left click and look for the "message" button in my profile. You can also just reply to the message I sent you.
    The Cen-Tex Smoker   You are the new IT guy! Go you!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• left click and look for the "message" button in my profile. You can also just reply to the message I sent you.
    The Cen-Tex Smoker   You are the new IT guy! Go you!
    Then we are all in serious trouble. 
  • May I ask The Cen-Tex Smoker "IT Help Desk" how to reply to a specific comment I.e. Repeat the comment like Jason did here? Thank you!
    Bronxville, New York. XLBGE, MBGE
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    May I ask The Cen-Tex Smoker "IT Help Desk" how to reply to a specific comment I.e. Repeat the comment like Jason did here? Thank you!
    Just click the "quote" button under the post.
  • Any way of getting it to Houston?
    Houston, TX
  • Orthobear said:

Any way of getting it to Houston?

Not this buy but you guys can do your own buy for the Houston area. It's only 30 bags per pallet. Caliking could use that himself just keeping baby bottles warm.
  • Order is going in Monday. We have 2 pallets so far. We could get to 3 pretty easily if anyone is interested in adding a few bags. I'll keep you guys posted on the arrival date and drop site
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Order is going in Monday. We have 2 pallets so far. We could get to 3 pretty easily if anyone is interested in adding a few bags. I'll keep you guys posted on the arrival date and drop site

:)) All cookers are going to be lit when the baby comes. Its going to be an inferno up in here!

@Orthobear - I was thinking of putting a group buy together in January possibly, so stay tuned. I need to work on using up my current stash so that the pallet of Rockwood will just blend in and SWMBO won't notice :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Sounds good! I'll be on the lookout in January.
    Houston, TX
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    caliking said:
    Order is going in Monday. We have 2 pallets so far. We could get to 3 pretty easily if anyone is interested in adding a few bags. I'll keep you guys posted on the arrival date and drop site

:)) All cookers are going to be lit when the baby comes. Its going to be an inferno up in here!

@Orthobear - I was thinking of putting a group buy together in January possibly, so stay tuned. I need to work on using up my current stash so that the pallet of Rockwood will just blend in and SWMBO won't notice :D

Just keep in mind that group buys are kind of on a time & inventory basis.  I do not foresee being low on charcoal or time in January, but you never know......just don't wait until March.

Also, January is when we do our taxes, look at the expenses from 2013, set the price for 2014.  Slab prices are up, fuel is projected to go back up, insurance is gone WAY up (don't even get me started on insurance), and all the other BS I have to pay for is up.   Long story short, price is likely going up, but I will not making anything off of the increase.

• caliking
    @stlcharcoal - got it. I was thinking of trying to put it together in December, but wasn't sure if that was a good plan with the holidays coming up. Plate is kinda full right now, but I'll think about December. 

I'll pm or email you when the plan gathers some steam.  

• henapple
    @Caliking... I'll be cutting through from New Braunfels to Lake Charles soon. Not sure how much I'll have..it depends on which way I travel. I'd hook you up with at least 5 Ozark Oak from my stash for you to try. Pm me your number.
  • caliking
    @henapple - you're a gem... no what matter they say about you :)

Will be out for the Thanksgiving weekend, but if you're rolling through the Houston area the week before that I'll be around. Kind of tied up until Nov 18th. After Thanksgiving should be work too. I've got lump, so I'm not hurting right now -  5 bags or whatever would be great. If you can, plan to swing by around dinner time, or even stay the night if you need to. Let me know. I'll pm my number to ya.

• henapple
    It'll definitely be before or after thanksgiving...
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    edited November 2013
    Cool. Out order is going in Today. I'll Post names of all who were interested. Looks like we will have 10-20 bags extra 

Me
    CparkTX
    lakewade
    sumoconnell
    s_austin_egghead
    Austinegghead
    mickstephen
    eggobsessed

If you don't see your name on here, I missed you somehow. If you still want in, I need to know by 2pm Central today. Order is going in at 3pm. We may have a few extras but they are going fast. If you want in, now is the time.

• OK- The deed is done. looks like Wed or Thursday delivery. We do have 15-20 extra bags that i will gladly keep or share with anyone who wants to try it.

Delivery details to follow but the address is in North Austin on Metric Blvd. Anyone who can pick up there during the day of delivery would be much appreciated. I'll also do a drop off at a central location like Saturday afternoon (probably in the parking lot of a bar that shows sports if I know me.....and I do).

I'll send my cell out to everyone on the bought list and we will arrange to meet up.

if you cant' make either of those drops............I live in Lakeway :D