Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

anybody ever inject chicken thighs ?

i am going to smoke some thighs tongiht and its a bit last minute and I have no time to brine .

I am thinking that i could inject them with a bit of something .

thoughts ? and ideas what to inject with ?
Toronto
·

Comments

• No, never done that as thighs seem to have enough natural moisture (fat) anyway. Let us know how it turns out. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    only one response ?
    Dont tell me people are working ?
    Toronto
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    No need to inject thighs as they have plenty of fat to keep them moist....
    ·
  • I agree with the others... never saw a reason to brine or inject chicken thighs.

It certainly wouldn't hurt them though. Depends on what flavor you were going for as to what to inject them with.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    awesome guys thanks .

Toronto
    ·
  • Not sure about injecting, but Huli Huli BBQ sauce from Hawaii is great for a quick marinade in a zip lock bag. Might work as an injection. Available direct or from World Market, Amazon. Good stuff on chicken or pork.

Chris
    Falls Church, VA
    Large & Mini
    ·
  • I inject mine with franks hot sauce. Right along the bones. My wife and I just love the flavor when we bight into them.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Porcelain Cast Iron Grate

twitter - @SisterStateBBq
    ·