Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

anybody ever inject chicken thighs ?

i am going to smoke some thighs tongiht and its a bit last minute and I have no time to brine .

I am thinking that i could inject them with a bit of something .

thoughts ? and ideas what to inject with ?
Toronto
·

Comments

• No, never done that as thighs seem to have enough natural moisture (fat) anyway. Let us know how it turns out. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,151
    only one response ?
    Dont tell me people are working ?
    Toronto
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    No need to inject thighs as they have plenty of fat to keep them moist....
    ·
  • I agree with the others... never saw a reason to brine or inject chicken thighs.

It certainly wouldn't hurt them though. Depends on what flavor you were going for as to what to inject them with.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    awesome guys thanks .

Toronto
    ·
  • Not sure about injecting, but Huli Huli BBQ sauce from Hawaii is great for a quick marinade in a zip lock bag. Might work as an injection. Available direct or from World Market, Amazon. Good stuff on chicken or pork.

Chris
    Falls Church, VA
    Large & Mini
    ·
  • I inject mine with franks hot sauce. Right along the bones. My wife and I just love the flavor when we bight into them.
    LBGE - Porcelain Cast Iron Grate
    twitter - @SisterStateBBq
    ·