Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just when you think it can't get worse... (way, way OT)

Options
TexanOfTheNorth
TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
edited November 2013 in Off Topic
Someone alluded to this is another post but even hearing it it's hard to believe.

Warning: The recorded news video contains some sexually explicit language (and I don't mean the comment about spanking the Ticats).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    It never ends.   The political system in Canada is one big joke - all levels.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • CanadianQ
    Options
    Just unbelievable. I work downtown and don't know anyone that supports this clown, but there seems to be a strong contingent of support in the former boroughs. Based on what I'm hearing in the media, it seems to be dwindling, thankfully. I'm pretty sure if an election was held the day after he admitted smoking crack he would have won.
    Guelph, ON, Canada
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    CanadianQ said:
    Just unbelievable. I work downtown and don't know anyone that supports this clown, but there seems to be a strong contingent of support in the former boroughs. Based on what I'm hearing in the media, it seems to be dwindling, thankfully. I'm pretty sure if an election was held the day after he admitted smoking crack he would have won.
    Isn't it the amalgamated suburbs that like him?
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    CanadianQ said:

I think all that people are holding onto in terms of "liking" this guy is his less expensive, more value for taxes agenda.  Most people that live downtown never liked him and saw him as the end of many special interest taxpayer funded projects. 

The people that voted for him wanted to see their property taxes get the absolute best value out of every dollar.  I still believe there is lots of waste in Toronto's government and operations and want to see his agenda continue.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Best. mayor. Ever. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Options
    BigWader said:
    CanadianQ said:

I think all that people are holding onto in terms of "liking" this guy is his less expensive, more value for taxes agenda.  Most people that live downtown never liked him and saw him as the end of many special interest taxpayer funded projects. 

The people that voted for him wanted to see their property taxes get the absolute best value out of every dollar.  I still believe there is lots of waste in Toronto's government and operations and want to see his agenda continue.

I would love to pay the tax rate they do in TO

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    @Little_Steven, you should move down and run for mayor. Jersey runs a little big...

• Little Steven
    Options
    No way. I couldn't smoke crack. The rest of the council smoke hash. I'm a drunkard.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    No way. I couldn't smoke crack. The rest of the council smoke hash. I'm a drunkard.
    Please tell me you saw his brother yelling at the rest of the chamber the other day.

"DO YOU SMOKE MARIJUANA? YES OR NO?!!!"
  • Little Steven
    Options
    No, I've had enough of it. Can't watch anymore

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    I can't get enough. My first memories of local news was the Marion Barry scandal here in the DC area. Totally surreal for me. Except we have social media now, instead of some grainy hidden camera footage.

I'll drink a few in your honour tonight.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    It's not over. When the case goes to court there is a lot more coming. He will be out of office by then but you will still get the news. He's going out in cuffs for sure. One of the original guys with the crack tape got hisself shot. Who wanted the tape that bad?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nashville had a mayor named... BILL BONER.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    It's not over. When the case goes to court there is a lot more coming. He will be out of office by then but you will still get the news. He's going out in cuffs for sure. One of the original guys with the crack tape got hisself shot. Who wanted the tape that bad?
    Gawker tried to crowdfund the 200K demanded for the video.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Did be attend the Marion Barry School for Civic Management at George Washington University?
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Gawker tried to crowdfund the 200K demanded for the video.
    I don't think Gawker wasted the dealer

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options

Steve 

Caledon, ON