Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Power Outage?

It's been a while since posting, but I thought I'd share a recent experience and look for some understanding…
I hosted a neighborhood birthday party gathering and decided to have chicken and pork off the BGE.  I had a crowd, so I planned on thighs, breasts, and pork tenderloins off the BGE for the main attraction.  I planned for plenty of time to get through the cooks before dinner since I was cooking off a LGBGE.  I used my raised grid assembly/stone from the CGS with cooking at 2 levels at 325-350.  I was able to do thighs in round one.  I pulled them after 1.5 hours and put the breasts on at that time.  They went for an hour and I tried to finish with my pork tenderloins.  However, I ran out of fire power and had to cook the pork in the oven.

I never ran into this before.  I was able to cook at 350 for hours….The only thing that I know can explain this is the heat load that the thighs placed on the cooker caused more fire power than normal and caused more burn that I had expected.

Any thoughts on how/why this happened?  I know I've cooked roasts for hours at 325-350 that didn't die out on me…

Comments