Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daisy wheel

Is the daisy wheel on the LBGE the same as the one on the XLBGE?
XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin

Comments

• M, L and XL are the same.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Kruegs
    Kruegs Posts: 128
    Thanks!
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    edited November 2013
    You don't need it for any cook under 275.
    You don't need it for any cook under 275.
    True - but, you can use it and ignore the lower vent. Me, I'm lazy and don't like to bend over, so I leave the lower vent pretty much wide open except for cooks under 300º and use the daisy to dial in the desired temp. The egg is based on air flow and it does not care wether you control the air at the inlet or the outlet, air flow control is air flow control. Some excellent cooks like Tj and Mickey use only the lower vent, many others use only the top vent. Whatever works for you. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited November 2013
    All three of mine are in the garage. Just don't ever use them. The lower vent can do it all for me.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    I use the daisy wheel for low and slows and to help with smoking. The other 95% of the time the daisy wheel sits in the garage untouched
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • I use my daisy wheel in conjunction with my DigiQ DX2 once the egg reaches set temp I close the daisy wheel and it's locked on temp ,I have found that if I make any adjustments to the wheel the temp goes over set temp 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.