Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your favorite meal to Egg in an hour?

Options
I'm less than a month in to Eggstacy and could not be enjoying it more. I'm even managing to eat better during the week by egging fish and veggies during the week so I can rack up the cholesterol points with long smokes of MEAT on the weekends. But I'm looking for more ideas for after-work, weekday Egging that will allow my wife and I to plate up dinner before 9 pm. You guys have such great ideas, I would love to hear what you most love to Egg in an hour?

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Egg in an Hour/90 minutes with warm up: Burgers, Brats, Steak, Wings, Chicken Breasts, Chicken thighs, Chicken Legs,  Spatchcock chicken, Pork Chops, Veggies, Cornbread.  I could go on depending on whether or not you have things prepped before hand or not. Anything you make on your kitchen stove/oven you can do on the Egg. Your imagination is your only limitation.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • cfwilen
    Options
    Prior to the Egg, my family ate pork tenderloin very infrequently.  Since getting the egg, it seems to be on the menu almost once / week.  I typically toss a frozen tenderloin in brine before leaving for work in the morning.  Once I get home, fire up the egg, rub the tenderloin while the egg heats up and once I'm cooking, it's <25 minutes to the plate.  Great easy meal during the work week.
    Portland, OR
  • SmokinOutBack
    Options
    I think a little planning would be involved so as to keep your waiting time as short as possible. Neither of us here get home till after 6PM, sometimes later. I try to cook things on weekends which will give me a few nice lunches to take to work as opposed to going/sending out. Pretty much the same deal here, if it's ready to go all you have to do is fire up the Egg. I prepare lunches the night before, no reason why you can't prepare next night's dinner the same way so you're ready to go as soon as you get home.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    Options
    Beef fajitas are a quick cook I do frequently. 1 bell pepper, 1 onion, and a skirt or flank steak (for two people). It takes a bit longer if you want to make your own tortillas, guac, salsa, but you can get store bought if tight on time.
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Stir fry. Light Egg, chop veggies & meat. Egg should be hot by now, add wok and eat 10 mins later. About 40 mins total if you are doin a simple stir fry

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Spatchcock chicken takes about an hour and yields leftovers. Also anything grilled...burgers, fish, pork chops. Also, there's always hot dogs :)
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Grilled shrimp
    Options
    I will offer this. Cook in quantities that allow you to have leftovers that you just re-heat. 

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• TTUEgghead
    Options
    Fajitas are a great quick cook and makes for handy leftovers. I like to take it to work, bring some salsa and eat it for lunch without the tortillas just to keep it simple as for what I have to bring for lunch. Just heat the meat and veggies, pour on some salsa and eat with a fork.

There's really a ton of options in an hour.

XL BGE, egghead since 2010

Favorites: Beer Butt Chicken, Paella, ABT's, Prime Rib