Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

KJ gasket fit an EGG?

After my first couple of pizza cooks and the smell of burning gasket or adhesive (not sure which) I can see a time in the near future for a gasket replacement. Does anyone know if a Kamado Joe replacement gasket would fit an egg? I am not sure if its any better but I see few if any complaints about it. Love the Egg so far!

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,868
    Contact @RRP.  He'll take care of you and your gasket problems will be over.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,318
    Mothership will likely send you a free replacement.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,810
    edited November 2013
    YEMTrey said:
    Contact @RRP.  He'll take care of you and your gasket problems will be over.
    Do this.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Get yourself a Rutland. You won't be sorry. I bought 9' of Rutland gasket for about $7.00. A tube of permatex was about $6. I see no need for a replacement for years to come, if ever.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • HicHic Posts: 350
    I got a KJ gasket back when they fist came out with the replacement and were giving them away. It was crap. I ended up replacing it with one from @RRP and will do the same when I need to replace on my other eggs too.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• + 1 for RRP    Love mine.  30 minute job.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • + 2 for @RRP. Honest person who takes care of people.
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,776
    Blush blush - thanks guys! I have done this for the last 11 years as a non profit service to fellow eggers. Today I shipped out 9 gaskets - 8 of them went to eggers in Canada. 
    Dunlap, IL