Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carrots

Options
Ok eggers answer me this. Who has grilled carrots before?
Whole or halved? Blanched,parboiled or raw ? And how did you season them? 

Waiting for anyone to jump in.
Thanks,Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

Comments

• blueinatl
    Options
    I've not grilled them but I've done them in the oven and they come out quite well.  I've halved them and tossed in olive oil / salt / pepper and then roasted at 400 / 425 until tender and they are awesome (I usually do parsnips at the same time).

I bet this would be GREAT on the egg.
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
  • timothyloerke
    Options
    My wife roasts carrots in the oven with salt, pepper, EVOO, and cumin (really adds flavor).  She then slices up some avocado...it's an amazing dish.  I'm sure the egg would make it even better!
    LGBE August 2013

Louisville, KY
  • freduc2
    Options
    We peal them rub with olive oil and coat with Tsunami Spin. Roast indirect for about an hour at 375. Here are some from last weekend with 2 venison loins.
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    8 carrots cut in rounds
    4 dates cut in small cubes
    salt to taste

small CI skillet with butter or coconut oil - on direct rack in 350 degree Egg 

stir every 10 minutes until carrots are soft
    Kent Madison MS
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Carrots are our goto on the egg. Nuke some butter and EVOO together, toss and season, whatever you like works - the more sugar in the dusting the more they will caramelize. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Thanks to all. Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Cymbaline65
    Options
    +1 for Skiddymarker. Parsnips also go well and you treat them the same.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating