Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pretty good brisket...BUT

Options
Did an overnight brisket cook on a slow Saturday night.  Prime, 11-12 lbs, rubbed mostly with salt/pepper, with just a bit of garlic and cayenne.

Here she is right before she came off.  Started monitoring at 195 dF IT, eventually pulled around 9AM at ~200 dF in flat.  Then it was FTC for ~2 hrs while I went to the gym.

Sliced.

Had a bit right after it was sliced and the flavor was pretty good.  Only problem is, I had to leave the house fairly soon after, so the vast majority (~90%+) of the meat went straight into the fridge.  I like cold brisket as much as the next guy (OK, probably more - I tend to love cold food) but it's mostly out of necessity, since reheated brisket usually seems tough and dry to me.

Anyone got good methods for storage/saving/reheating of sliced brisket?  I have strongly considered Foodsaver but wanted some others' insight.

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I always put the meat I reheat in a storage container with a little bit of the drippings or beef broth and microwave for the shortest time possible with one corner of the lid not sealed all the way. This is the best method I have found but would like to hear others since I reheat at work all the time.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I like to slice and vac seal with some stock, then reheat in simmering water.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I just cover the leftovers with Saran Wrap on a platter, cut off the size chunk I need for the next meal, wrap in foil, and heat in my stockpot over boiling water with a raised steamer basket.

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Tell you what, I'm loving the reheating aspect of the Sous Vide Demi that I just bought. Vacuum packed babyback ribs go from the freezer to the hot water bath for 2 hours; I thought they are just as good as when they came off the egg. The reheat process is about as simple as making a pot of coffee, and with darn near zero cleanup. I emptied out the freezer burnt crap in my fridge, and it is slowly getting an assortment of pre-cooked Egg dinners.
    Gittin' there...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    If it's real dry... Food processor, heat in au jus, cheese, onion, shrooms, peppers... Great hoagie.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Atta boy fearless. Thats the way I do it too.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • ShadowNick
    Options
    Lit said:
    I always put the meat I reheat in a storage container with a little bit of the drippings or beef broth and microwave for the shortest time possible with one corner of the lid not sealed all the way. This is the best method I have found but would like to hear others since I reheat at work all the time.
    I always reheat with a small pad of butter on the meat.  Not the most healthy way to do it, but definitely the best tasting way to keep things tasting moist IMHO.
    Pentwater, MI