Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

High-Que Luxury cooking grid

fadaxfadax Posts: 29
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Recive this grid some days ago. The quality is very high ,also the weight ! Opinion about ? Fausto image imageimage
Milano-ITALY
image.jpg 886.7K
image.jpg 681.1K
·

Comments

• GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
    I like it.  I especially like the part that flips up.  It would make it easier to add lump or woodchips.  I also like that the bars are closer together.  I think it would help keep things from falling through.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,049
    Unreal quality. Everything from High-Que is first class. You will be very happy with this. Prolly has two or three times the material in it as the BGE SS grid, and the BGE grid is good. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • That IS nice. A little pricey however..
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,353
    I love mine. You just need to line it up on the plate setter so you have 3 points on contact.image

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,957
    Saw that last night and it looked nice. I currently use a hinged Weber grid to hold foil covered bricks +/- drip pan when doing a raised cook. Much cheaper, but not nearly as hardy as the High-Que grid. 

Maybe I'll get lucky and get it for Xmas or my birthday :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,826
    Yeah I have been wanting it for awhile
    ·
  • sox203sox203 Posts: 22
    Can you guys confirm that this fits on the plate setter correctly?  I purchased another brand the the ID was too small and it did not sit right.

Thanks
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 454
    Nice looking and obvious quality but DAYUM! $150?'
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 1,959
    I wish they made one without the flip up part. I have yet to need to add wood once I get going. Yes, very pricey. Looks nice though.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    edited November 2013
    I buy a lot of crap but $169 with frt from Amazon. Don't think so. I have bought the grates for all three eggs.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,297
    caliking said:
    Saw that last night and it looked nice. I currently use a hinged Weber grid to hold foil covered bricks +/- drip pan when doing a raised cook. Much cheaper, but not nearly as hardy as the High-Que grid. 

I use The Kamado Joe grate on my Large.......stainless steel and has the flip up door. 

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,957
    @stlcharcoal -  just took a look at that.  Better built  than the Weber one. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,297
    edited November 2013
    caliking said:
    @stlcharcoal -  just took a look at that.  Better built  than the Weber one. 

Yeah, best of all, only $55.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,654
    Old thread bump but does this work with the PS woo3? Looks like the door won't work sitting on the woo?
    Seattle, WA
    ·