Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bob's Brunch with Bacon and Cathead Biscuits

Still working on my bacon cooking technique on the wing rack - It comes out pretty crispy and I try and justify another piece because it is healthier (right). Daughter wanted it like pan fried, so I threw a few pieces in the emptied drip ban before serving and she was very happy. Need to learn how to make bacon like the rest of you folks when I have a little time.  Did some biscuits on a stone using parchment - cooked the bottoms more so I still have to work on that.  Also did potato leftovers from last night. Neighbor's horses helped the scenery.

Milton, GA.
028.jpg 3.5M
039.jpg 2.9M
017.jpg 4.4M
011.jpg 4.1M
·

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 344
    looks good. Have to try bacon that way.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 620
    Jebpot said:
    looks good. Have to try bacon that way.
    Experiment with it. I cook it direct with the pan underneath to catch the fat at about 400. It is easy and not messy. I put the stone in to cook the biscuits but you do not need it for the bacon.
    Milton, GA.
    ·