Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Post - Excited to show off my table

I got my large Big Green Egg sometime last winter, and spent quite a bite of time scheming and planning on how to build a nest for it.  I had access to some weathered boards that I thought would work, and thought about using those along with stacked stone.  Then my brother hooked me up with some rusted metal sheets that looked great with the wood. I also knew I wanted to have some cabinet space, lighting and a concrete counter top (new project for me). The project went even better than I expected! Here are some pics:
·

Comments

• Very nice!
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
    ·
  • Seanr7Seanr7 Posts: 207
    Awesome set up
    XL BGE
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,001
    Nice!!! Many happy years with that set up!
    ·
  • That's awesome. Love the concrete countertop.
    ·
  • Very nice set up 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Sweet table! Welcome aboard.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 751
    I really like that is has two bottle openers... no waiting in line. Your project turned out great and has a lot of character.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 466
    Great job, very unique.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • Great... Now swimbo wants me to make mine look like yours... She thinks it will match the decor inside
    Beaufort, SC
    ·
  • Sweet!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • looks GREAT, and welcome!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,133
    That's quite a nice nook you made. Welcome!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,672
    Welcome aboard and most Eggcellent set-up.  Enjoy the journey!
    Louisville
    ·
  • ringkingpinringkingpin Posts: 235
    edited November 2013
    my bad, I couldn't see the plate setter in the pic. I couldn't tell what it was.  Nice table!

How long did you let the concrete cure?  I cracked the concrete on my table top about a month after pouring it by doing a high heat wok session.  We pasted it up and you can't tell it cracked unless you look carefully.  Hopefully mine makes it through the winter!
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,688
    great looking table
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Nice!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • looks great
    ·
  • chashanschashans Posts: 409
    Beautiful! Thanks for posting the sequence photos.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

·
  • Thanks everyone for the compliments!

ringkingpin,
    I beleive I planned on letting it cure for 7-9 days, but really I got busy and didn't have time to mess with it, so it was more like 2 weeks. So far so good. I did have to buy a slurry to fill holes from voids in the concrete, but it was easy to patch those and make it smooth again.
    ·