Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pretty good brisket...BUT

Did an overnight brisket cook on a slow Saturday night.  Prime, 11-12 lbs, rubbed mostly with salt/pepper, with just a bit of garlic and cayenne.

Here she is right before she came off.  Started monitoring at 195 dF IT, eventually pulled around 9AM at ~200 dF in flat.  Then it was FTC for ~2 hrs while I went to the gym.

Sliced.

Had a bit right after it was sliced and the flavor was pretty good.  Only problem is, I had to leave the house fairly soon after, so the vast majority (~90%+) of the meat went straight into the fridge.  I like cold brisket as much as the next guy (OK, probably more - I tend to love cold food) but it's mostly out of necessity, since reheated brisket usually seems tough and dry to me.

Anyone got good methods for storage/saving/reheating of sliced brisket?  I have strongly considered Foodsaver but wanted some others' insight.

2014 Texas Aggies - Here's to hoping....

in Houston, TX

Comments