Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Pretty good brisket...BUT

Did an overnight brisket cook on a slow Saturday night.  Prime, 11-12 lbs, rubbed mostly with salt/pepper, with just a bit of garlic and cayenne.

Here she is right before she came off.  Started monitoring at 195 dF IT, eventually pulled around 9AM at ~200 dF in flat.  Then it was FTC for ~2 hrs while I went to the gym.

Sliced.

Had a bit right after it was sliced and the flavor was pretty good.  Only problem is, I had to leave the house fairly soon after, so the vast majority (~90%+) of the meat went straight into the fridge.  I like cold brisket as much as the next guy (OK, probably more - I tend to love cold food) but it's mostly out of necessity, since reheated brisket usually seems tough and dry to me.

Anyone got good methods for storage/saving/reheating of sliced brisket?  I have strongly considered Foodsaver but wanted some others' insight.

2014 Texas Aggies - Here's to hoping....

in Houston, TX

Comments