Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pretty good brisket...BUT

Did an overnight brisket cook on a slow Saturday night.  Prime, 11-12 lbs, rubbed mostly with salt/pepper, with just a bit of garlic and cayenne.

Here she is right before she came off.  Started monitoring at 195 dF IT, eventually pulled around 9AM at ~200 dF in flat.  Then it was FTC for ~2 hrs while I went to the gym.

Sliced.

Had a bit right after it was sliced and the flavor was pretty good.  Only problem is, I had to leave the house fairly soon after, so the vast majority (~90%+) of the meat went straight into the fridge.  I like cold brisket as much as the next guy (OK, probably more - I tend to love cold food) but it's mostly out of necessity, since reheated brisket usually seems tough and dry to me.

Anyone got good methods for storage/saving/reheating of sliced brisket?  I have strongly considered Foodsaver but wanted some others' insight.

2013 Texas Aggies - Goodbye JFF - see you in the pros

in Houston, TX

Comments