Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Rotisserie Kit for the Green Egg?

Their is a rotisserie kit on ebay for a large Green Egg. Does anyone think it would work as well as they say?  Ebay item number 281204881934  

Comments

• No need for a rotisserie kit if you have a method to go indirect in my opinion.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • I find it unnecessary. it would mean that you 1) notch out the side or 2) have just an open lid during the cook. Just put the chicken in v-shaped rib holder and be done with it.  The rotisserie is used to just get an even heat distribution while it is cooking.  The Egg already does that. (IMnot-so-HO). 
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 1,968
    edited November 2013
    +1 on not needed
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2013

Don't know about the kit, but a few years back I bought at an estate sale an old Japanese Imperial Kamado that was rigged with a rack to hold a motor and bar.  After some help from friends, this evolved. The 6 and 12 o'clock positon on the base have notches for the dowl  and in the rear was a bracket to mount a motor.  I usually use it for poultry or rolled up pork bellies to get an even sear around the item.. For that price I hope you get the egg also.  I use mine every month or so and that is a very eggspensive toy IMHO.

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=733517&catid=1

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1196415&catid=1

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1297141&catid=1

• calikingcaliking Posts: 5,280
    Neat gizmo, but the price is steep. For that kinda money, you're better off investing in an adjustable rig setup from CGS or a wifi temp controller, IMO.

Don't know about the kit, but a few years back I bought at an estate sale an old Japanese Imperial Kamado that was rigged with a rack to hold a motor and bar.  After some help from friends, this evolved. The 6 and 12 o'clock positon on the base have notches for the dowl  and in the rear was a bracket to mount a motor.  I usually use it for poultry or rolled up pork bellies to get an even sear around the item..

That's a sweet little kamado. In the first thread, Brian (swamprb) was mentioned. I know of him form another forum, and he really does some nice restoration work. In the second thread you mentioned Kali Jeera/Gobindo Bhog rice. That rice is usually expensive - more expensive than basmati I think. Gobindo Bhog translates as "food of the gods" in Hindi and Bengali. Typically used for making "kheer" (sweet rice pudding), often made during religious ceremonies/festivals and offered to the deities. However it doesn't have much flavor, and so is not usually eaten with an entree as part of the main course of  a meal. If you really like it, you should be able to find it at a Bangladeshi store. Have not usually seen it at Indian/Pakistani grocers.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,606
    caliking said:
    Neat gizmo, but the price is steep. For that kinda money, you're better off investing in an adjustable rig setup from CGS or a wifi temp controller, IMO.

Don't know about the kit, but a few years back I bought at an estate sale an old Japanese Imperial Kamado that was rigged with a rack to hold a motor and bar.  After some help from friends, this evolved. The 6 and 12 o'clock positon on the base have notches for the dowl  and in the rear was a bracket to mount a motor.  I usually use it for poultry or rolled up pork bellies to get an even sear around the item..

That's a sweet little kamado. In the first thread, Brian (swamprb) was mentioned. I know of him form another forum, and he really does some nice restoration work. In the second thread you mentioned Kali Jeera/Gobindo Bhog rice. That rice is usually expensive - more expensive than basmati I think. Gobindo Bhog translates as "food of the gods" in Hindi and Bengali. Typically used for making "kheer" (sweet rice pudding), often made during religious ceremonies/festivals and offered to the deities. However it doesn't have much flavor, and so is not usually eaten with an entree as part of the main course of  a meal. If you really like it, you should be able to find it at a Bangladeshi store. Have not usually seen it at Indian/Pakistani grocers.

Here is my source for the rice.