Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small Lodge CI dishes...

Got these as a gift... I'm looking for ideas for what I can cook in them. They look like they will fit perfect in the Mini. Any suggestions?
LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
·

Comments

• What are the dimensions?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
    ·
  • Meatloaf
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    Both barely fit in the Mini and the lid closes flat.
    ·
  • You could do cornbread in those. I might use them to cook enchilladas.

They seem to be too small for making anything that would serve more than a couple of people but maybe just a tad to big for individual serving sizes (e.g., cobbler or pot pie).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Smoked Mac and chesse

:-bd

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    Smoked Mac and chesse
    +1 (or is it 2 by now?)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    I agree with cornbread..blueberry muffins, personal size breakfast quiches, cobbler, cookies. I see those in home goods often and never grabbed them. I think I have just convinced myself to get some as well!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
    Awesome ideas... I particularly like the smoked Mac and cheese and chicken pot pie. Anybody have recipes for those that they are fond of?
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    i have some that are similar to that i like to make shrimp scampi in them, or browning of mushrooms and onions in butter for burgers.  Here is my go to on smoked mac and cheese.  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1142142/smoked-mac-and-cheese#latest  

it is pretty basic but can be modified to whatever you want especially add ins.
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    I bet those could be used to do something delicious with ghost peppers.
    ·
  • Mini sicilian pizza
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • LDRLDR Posts: 267
    I've got a few of those, and they work well for various styles of potatoes as well as mushrooms. 
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,458
    I do jerk shrimp. Sauté shallot, garlic, capers and grape tomatoes in butter and olive oil, add a touch of beer or wine and jerk seasonings. Throw in some shrimp. Just the right size for 2 to 4 servings.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
    I roasted a whole chicken tonight, so I think we will have chicken pot pie tomorrow with the leftover chicken.

Lots of great ideas on this thread... I have lots of research to do! Thanks everyone!
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,439
    I have a few of those Lodge Cast iron individual pans as well.  As mentioned above, I've done cornbread, mac'n cheese, brownies, baked beans, etc.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • We have some about that size that look like small casserole dishes, we use them for individule left over servings or dips
    ·