Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SWMBO is sly as a fox...

Options
My XL BGE is 3 weeks old today...and I just bought my 5th bag of lump...

I kinda wondered why she was so supportive of the BGE investment...

Today it hit me, SWMBO has only made dinner once in the last 3 weeks...Me thinks she had a bigger plan...
Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...

Comments

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Smart woman. Mine is the same way. 

me: what are we eating tonight
    her: what ever you feel like grilliin
    me: uhhhh, ok - I guess ill fire up the egg so we can eat! 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • brianwdmn
    Options
    You are a smart man. Roll with it because it will pay dividends in other areas.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    brianwdmn said:
    Definitely easier to justify new toys for the egg. I have been getting new accessories left and right. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,342
    Options
    BGE time is the great escape-whether low&slow or hot& fast you cannot put a value on it.  Ride that opportunity into the sunset...with a smile-and the smile will only get larger the longer you are married-and yes, I do know :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    thats how I secured my second egg. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    It took buying an egg before you figured out she was manipulating you?  =))
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    brianwdmn said:
    Definitely easier to justify new toys for the egg. I have been getting new accessories left and right. 
    d'Oh!!!   #-o

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• jcm806
    jcm806 Posts: 10
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    brianwdmn said:
    Pretty sure he was talking about other "dividends"... ;)
    James. Large Big Green Egg 2013. Alabaster, AL
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude." - Thomas Jefferson
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Its something like this that makes you realize how much  smarter they really are. I thought I was pretty slick by the time I finagled egg #3, until I had a similar epiphany. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.