Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

20 pounds of delicious smelling pork

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
DIL asked if I would do some pulled pork for a baby shower she is hosting next weekend.  Work is a bit in the way (I'm stuck on the left coast all week) so I threw 2 10 pounders on today.  Just hit 165 IT, so into the foil it goes to finish up.  Will pull it, vac seal and freeze, and she can reheat for the party.  Timing is a bit tight, as the pork needs to be done so I can put on a couple cornish hens for dinner, but should be ok.

Comments

• Once you wrap in foil, you can put in oven to finish...In foil nothing more is gained by keeping it in the Egg unless you just don't want to use oven
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Once you wrap in foil, you can put in oven to finish...In foil nothing more is gained by keeping it in the Egg unless you just don't want to use oven
    I think I'm good.  190 IT, and an hour and a half to go before I need to put on the hens
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,532
    @Tjcoley, where on the Let Coast are you gonna be?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I start in Denver Monday AM and end in Sacramento.