Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

And the winner is...

onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 662
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
The BGE!!!!  A "friendly" pulled-pork throwdown was judged last night at church.  It was stated that we were a PCA church, not a PC church as there would be a loser. It came down to spicy-tangy vs. Smoke...  and the winner... The smokey flavor of the BGE.  The other contender had what appeared to be just some chili-powder,cayenne,vinegar(+water?) mixture as a sauce. Very thin.  My comment was that mine doesn't need sauce.  (The brine+rub+injection infused a lot more flavor...)

·

Comments

• ^:)^
    Beaufort, SC
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,709
    Congrats!!  A win is a win regardless of competition and environment.  Very nicely done!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    Pca?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Congratulations! Its a good feeling to have.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • @henapple said:
    Pca?
    I think it is Presbyterian church of America
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • That would be correct.

I just offered to help with the main course (pulled pork) and it somehow morphed into this throwdown. Nice to know others think my pp is as good as I think it is :) 

·