Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small Lodge CI dishes...

Got these as a gift... I'm looking for ideas for what I can cook in them. They look like they will fit perfect in the Mini. Any suggestions?
LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
·

Comments

• What are the dimensions?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
    ·
  • Meatloaf
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 509
    Both barely fit in the Mini and the lid closes flat.
    ·
  • You could do cornbread in those. I might use them to cook enchilladas.

They seem to be too small for making anything that would serve more than a couple of people but maybe just a tad to big for individual serving sizes (e.g., cobbler or pot pie).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Smoked Mac and chesse

:-bd

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,593
    Smoked Mac and chesse
    +1 (or is it 2 by now?)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    I agree with cornbread..blueberry muffins, personal size breakfast quiches, cobbler, cookies. I see those in home goods often and never grabbed them. I think I have just convinced myself to get some as well!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
    Awesome ideas... I particularly like the smoked Mac and cheese and chicken pot pie. Anybody have recipes for those that they are fond of?
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,252
    i have some that are similar to that i like to make shrimp scampi in them, or browning of mushrooms and onions in butter for burgers.  Here is my go to on smoked mac and cheese.  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1142142/smoked-mac-and-cheese#latest  

it is pretty basic but can be modified to whatever you want especially add ins.
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    I bet those could be used to do something delicious with ghost peppers.
    ·
  • Mini sicilian pizza
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • LDRLDR Posts: 187
    I've got a few of those, and they work well for various styles of potatoes as well as mushrooms. 
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,428
    I do jerk shrimp. Sauté shallot, garlic, capers and grape tomatoes in butter and olive oil, add a touch of beer or wine and jerk seasonings. Throw in some shrimp. Just the right size for 2 to 4 servings.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
    I roasted a whole chicken tonight, so I think we will have chicken pot pie tomorrow with the leftover chicken.

Lots of great ideas on this thread... I have lots of research to do! Thanks everyone!
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,098
    I have a few of those Lodge Cast iron individual pans as well.  As mentioned above, I've done cornbread, mac'n cheese, brownies, baked beans, etc.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • We have some about that size that look like small casserole dishes, we use them for individule left over servings or dips
    ·