Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hot Wings Idea

six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
edited November 2013 in Appetizers
I have never tried to marinate my wings. This time I'm trying it out. I got four pounds of wings in  a gallon bag of sriracha sauce.
What do you all think.  Good idea or fail?  

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,284
    It should - how long you going for? May I suggest at least overnight if not 24 hours? One of my favorite marinates I soak them in for 50 hours - yup I said 50 hours! Can't go longer though as the concoction includes lemon juice which eventually starts to alter the chicken meat in a bad way!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Ah thank you your comment. I will marinate for almost 24.

Grenada, MS

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,284
    You're welcome! Since you are taking the lead on this eggperiment please be sure to post a follow up of your results!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    Yes I will.

Grenada, MS

·
    @RRP The wings were my best ever. I pulled them out of the bag put some Vodoo rub on them (Local hot rub), cayenne pepper and black pepper. cooked at 350 - 400 direct. Pulled off into a SS bowl put Moore's wings sauce with some Frank's. I posted a picture of the final product. The big pile are the hot ones. The were hot but also had a good flavor.  

Grenada, MS

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,127
    Interesting, will have to try this!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
    I have to add I did put corn starch on the wings before cooking after the spices. I think it helped the Moore's stick better. Also no butter when I mix in the sauce at the end. Butter makes them less hot.

Grenada, MS

·
  • It was wings that drew me to the BGE back in '90. They would cook them up in front of the old store on Chamblee. Never turned back and never eat fried wings again..

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·