Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What Are You Drinking At This Moment?

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    hapster said:

With a house full of 10yo girls sleeping over for my daughters birthday; might be time to check out the Irish pub Molly McGuire's that just opened about 300' from my front door...

Then maybe I'll come home and have some Macallan 10yo single malt and a good stick to close it out.

Don't be a wuss. You should wake up at day break to stumble home to make pancakes for the sirens. Getting home any earlier will have your proverbial ships crashing against the rocks to the cacophony of their voices all night.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Scottish Porter not Irish
    image.jpg 1.3M

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • NervousDadNervousDad Posts: 305
    edited November 2013
    I hate 4 packs so much. Not the fact that there are only 4 beers, but that they cost what a six pack costs. I choose the 3L option :) image
    Aurora,OH
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,488
    txav8r said:
    La Crema Pinot Noir...

That's good stuff.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,912
    Here I sit...

Some Guinness and a wee bit of the Macallan 12yo

Almost ready to hoof it home and fire up a stick

imageimage
    image.jpg 834.3K
    image.jpg 753.8K
    ·
  • Glass of Cab tonight, watching Louisville UConn football
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Game of Thrones "Take the Black Stout" from Ommegang Brewery.  Only because today is Stoutday. <:-P
    ·
    Back at my favorite bar... My deck.

Little Macallan 10yoimage
    image.jpg 565.2K
    ·
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 199
    Harpoon Saison Various
    image.jpg 1.6M
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
    Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,698
    Jack & ice.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
    Macallan 10yo
    image.jpg 652.6K
    ·
    My wife is bringing back our dating days... Ice cold shots of sambuca. God help me!
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,698
    Enjoy the fun Hap!!! When my wife gets in those moods it is Jäger!!

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 1,957
    Woodford
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
    ·
  • hapster said:
    My wife is bringing back our dating days... Ice cold shots of sambuca. God help me!

Do you drink it with coffee beans floating in it?  Biting the beans adds a nice contrast of flavor.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Evan Williams black, water, lemon.  Yum!
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·

hapster said:

Do you drink it with coffee beans floating in it?  Biting the beans adds a nice contrast of flavor.

Haven't done that... Just ice cold and cloudy... My wife is nuts LOL
    ·
  • In the interest of keeping this thread on page one- I'm drinking 16 ounce bud light bottle/cans. Yep, lawnmowing beer.

Gotta say, I like the pint. I get up from the couch 25% less.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,790
    Victory HopDevil
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 932
    edited November 2013
    It's 0730.  Coffee with a dash of Benedictine.  Just as well enjoy it as I return to work on Wednesday after 5 months off for knee replacement surgery.  Did both 8 weeks apart.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • txav8rtxav8r Posts: 153
    2009 Storybook Mountain Vinyards Estate Reserve...rated 97 points by RP Jr.!  And, it is a true bipartisan vine, having been served for State dinners in the WH by both the republicans and democrates!  Thank GOD, we can't have the politicians taking anything away from our favorite vintages!
    Just far enough north of DFW to be "rural"...and close enough to be urban, depending on my mood.
    ·
    ·
    @txav8r, is it as good as advertised?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,826
    Titos now. Hopefully pappy tomorrow. Was told all week it will be available tomorrow first come first serve.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,410
    Crazy timing with your post Lit. Good luck with the Pappy tomorrow!
    Getting ready to pour some myself. Cheers!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • Seanr7Seanr7 Posts: 207
    2005 Mille Roses, Haut-Medoc. Yummy stuff
    XL BGE
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,826
    YEMTrey said:

Crazy timing with your post Lit. Good luck with the Pappy tomorrow!
    Getting ready to pour some myself. Cheers!

Thanks. I took the day off so it better come. Hoping to get as many bottles as they'll let me.
    ·
  • txav8rtxav8r Posts: 153
    @foghorn. ; I pay about $55 for the reserve annually, up almost every year.  The '09 has been judged their best zin ever...sold for $85 before they sold out.  Just an incredible zin, all of their wines are. You won't find the reserve unless you join the wine club...it is in short supply otherwise.  The Mayacamus Range you will find in Calif. store and few others.  The Eastern Exposures is almost a cult now.  Their Cab is gaining both in price and following, as is their Anteus blend.  Join the club and you won't be sorry
    Just far enough north of DFW to be "rural"...and close enough to be urban, depending on my mood.
    ·
    I don't drink enough wine to join any clubs right now.  I recently returned from Napa/Sonoma with over 30 bottles and that will last me quite a while.... like until I have to go back out there next year.

San Antonio, TX

·