Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday's Cook...

Picked up some NY strips and a couple of bone in pork chops... Doing them with some roasted potatoes, peppers, asparagus, and some red wine mushroom sauce.

Pics will follow :)

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Comments

• Mine is a secret until I publish it.  I don't want Seveur or Food & Wine Magazines to get wind of it beforehand.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• I'm doing a chuck roast I'm going to pull for beef and noodles. First time with my new maverick. It's nice to not have to run outside to check the temps!
    Nowhere Indiana
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,431
    Fired the egg up a few hours early just to add to the Fall ambiance with a chunk of mesquite and one of hickory...

Smells great and the neighbors are all waving LOL... The boys are just chillin' out enjoying this great weather.

imageimage
  • roblewroblew Posts: 78
    Sounds delish...
    Ringgold GA LBGE
  • 500500 Posts: 2,360
    You have a great Saturday as well, Hap!
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    500 said:

You have a great Saturday as well, Hap!

Thanks brother... :)
    Sippin a little Macallan 10yo as the meal comes together. Everything is prepped and the taters are on...

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 3,826
    Looks great Hap! Can you tell me how you do the taters? Been wanting to try them on the egg.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

shtgunal3 said:

Looks great Hap! Can you tell me how you do the taters? Been wanting to try them on the egg.

Thanks... Little reds, halve or quarter them, toss with some olive oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic salt and just do them raised direct until tender and browned.
  • Looks great as always Hap, and your pictures are once again outstanding.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Looks great as always Hap, and your pictures are once again outstanding.

Thanks!
    Elise's birthday dinner turned out really well... Didn't get any pics of the pork chops; but my girls loved them... Here is my plate. Steaks came out perfect...

Currently have the egg humming along at about 700 to do a little self cleaning action on it...image
    Nice little self cleaning burn... While the boys chill with us.
    imageimage
    Do you like the Fat Bastard Cab?  Never brave enough to try it, cause I thought the name was too gimmicky.

And it reminds me of this guy...
  • @500 now wait I didn't have any CORN !!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,582
    hapster said:
    Fired the egg up a few hours early just to add to the Fall ambiance with a chunk of mesquite and one of hickory... Smells great and the neighbors are all waving LOL... The boys are just chillin' out enjoying this great weather. imageimage
    Jeezuss Hap!!!... that cigar photo is crazy cool!!! What kinda camera are you using its one of the clearest most vivid pics I've ever seen...I almost want to start smoking...lol

Jamie.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 9,064
    Sounds like a great evening... scotch and egging go too well together :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

hapster said:

Fired the egg up a few hours early just to add to the Fall ambiance with a chunk of mesquite and one of hickory...

Smells great and the neighbors are all waving LOL... The boys are just chillin' out enjoying this great weather.

imageimage

Jeezuss Hap!!!... that cigar photo is crazy cool!!! What kinda camera are you using its one of the clearest most vivid pics I've ever seen...I almost want to start smoking...lol

Jamie.
    LOL... Thank you. All of the photos in this post are with the iPhone5S and then through Instagram. I post them there first and then upload them here. One of the main reasons I upgraded from the 4 to the 5S was the camera and the overall speed of the software
    @500

It's a pretty good wine for >$15 cab
    MSV Chill Spot
    Chester County, PA

http://egginwithedward.blogspot.com/

http://edwardhardingphotography.zenfolio.com/
  • Hap, not to hijack but how do we post to here from Instagram? I didn't know we could do that here.
    Clarendon Hills, IL

Hap, not to hijack but how do we post to here from Instagram? I didn't know we could do that here.

On the iPhone I have it set to save any Instagram pics to my photo library. I just upload them from there... Don't know that is any type of direct posting from Instagram.
    MSV Chill Spot
    Chester County, PA

• DMWDMW Posts: 10,301
    @hapster Nice spread there. Where are you getting good asparagus this time of year? Have been missing it since the local stuff finished up.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle
    DMW said:

@hapster Nice spread there. Where are you getting good asparagus this time of year? Have been missing it since the local stuff finished up.

Thank you... I get it from Wegman's... The greatest food store in the Northeast
    MSV Chill Spot
    Chester County, PA

• jtippersjtippers Posts: 512
    That steak looks perfect! Sounds like a great night!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

jtippers said:

That steak looks perfect! Sounds like a great night!

Thanks... The steak was for me me. The ladies had bone in pork chops. They were pretty good; but I'm a beef kinda guy LOL
    MSV Chill Spot
    Chester County, PA

• flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 647
    Outstanding cook, Hap!
    Milton, GA.
  • Well Hapster, I was pondering what to do tonight. Your pics spoke to me and said COW!
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating