Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Trying a Travis Style Brisket

Only had Flats at the butcher last night. Got a 9 lb Flat and put it on at 6AM. will keep you posted with pic's
LBGE
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
·

Comments

• Woop woop
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,470
    edited November 2013
    That is "gi-nor-mous"! Last couple of briskets have gone almost 3/4 of the cook with the Travis method, then lowered the heat and finished on the grid to bark it up a bit. Also used the liquid in the pan to make a good sauce. Use of a dunkel or bock beer seems to make a better sauce than using a red wine, IMHO. Travis method of a braise is almost a foolproof (or in my case idiot proof) method of getting good brisket. Good luck.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • I got the very same thing going.  I am at 275- how long are you thinking?
    "We screw the other guy and pass the savings along to you."

Don't call me "Ace"

·
  • Me love the Travis Method. I use Allegro Original marinade and Shiner Bock.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • Went 7.5 hrs to an IT of 202, probe went in like butta, just went FTC to wait till supper

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    :ar!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·