Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Trying a Travis Style Brisket

Only had Flats at the butcher last night. Got a 9 lb Flat and put it on at 6AM. will keep you posted with pic's
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA

• Woop woop
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,290
    edited November 2013
    That is "gi-nor-mous"! Last couple of briskets have gone almost 3/4 of the cook with the Travis method, then lowered the heat and finished on the grid to bark it up a bit. Also used the liquid in the pan to make a good sauce. Use of a dunkel or bock beer seems to make a better sauce than using a red wine, IMHO. Travis method of a braise is almost a foolproof (or in my case idiot proof) method of getting good brisket. Good luck.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • I got the very same thing going.  I am at 275- how long are you thinking?
    "We screw the other guy and pass the savings along to you."

Don't call me "Ace"

• Me love the Travis Method. I use Allegro Original marinade and Shiner Bock.

Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Went 7.5 hrs to an IT of 202, probe went in like butta, just went FTC to wait till supper

Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer