Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What y'all cooking tonight?

Options
2»

Comments

• s_austin_egger
    Options
    Great looking fish. You were able to hold that low temp?  What's your technique?  I have a hard time holding below 200 without constantly monitoring. 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth I would love to attend that event I went to my 1st Egg event in October I went to Eggtoberfest and had a great time   when is this event if you could send me the details I will check my work calendar and see if it's doable 
    Not sure if they have dates set yet.... Toronto Eggfest is usually in June and Niagara is in August.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    GrannyX4 said:
    It's a biggie. Are you sitting down? Hold on to your seat....Costco clam chowder! On our way to the little Grand's soccer game. Tomorrow is fried calamari, rib eyes and watching football. ;;)
    I just had Costco clam chowder for lunch.  That stuff is excellent.  They don't skimp on the clams, either.  I like to put drops of Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce in it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Was all set to reverse sear some 1-1/2" NY strips BUT - my butcher misread the order and I got 1/2" thick NY strips. Who eats 1/2" strips? Part of a larger order so I did not notice until I got home. Chicken fried steaks it is, not egging, but the next best thing. 

I do mine on the egg. CI skillet. Cook a few pieces of bacon mainly for the grease. I usually do chicken though. Cook, gravy with reserved bacon grease. Crumble the bacon... Top the gravy with it..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    s_austin_egger I used my DigiQDx2 thats my trick 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    @village idiot, it's not too bad but the sriracha sauce is a good thing. @Skiddymarker, MDSH is all over the NY strip chicken fried steak. That's what for dinner tomorrow. He is very happy. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Sadly, I'm not cooking supper tonight.  We are going to a church supper at Ponderosa (ugh).  I'm thinking some ABT's for me & my oldest daughter later.  Wilma and Elaine, because they dislike spicy, are on their own!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Options

Charles, You can fly from Newark to Downtown Toronto on Porter air. Don't know if this link will work. If you drive it's about 81/2 to 10 hours depending on border wait and traffic

https://www.flyporter.com/Flight/Tickets/Select?culture=en-US

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    @henapple - agree completely, bacon is the best idea to create a flavored oil to fry the steaks in and like you we crumble the cooked bacon to gussy up the gravy and the mashed taters. 
    Like Nola, I tend to not use the egg for a CI dish or when using the Wok, side burner on the gasser or the turkey burner is much easier and faster with better temp control. 
    @GrannyX4 your MDSH has great taste, strip loin makes very good fried steaks. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Sadly, I'm not cooking supper tonight.  We are going to a church supper at Ponderosa (ugh).  I'm thinking some ABT's for me & my oldest daughter later.  Wilma and Elaine, because they dislike spicy, are on their own!

Ponderosa is worse than I remember! A can and a pan. I need a chuck bucket!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Picked up 43 pounds of shoulder and a 11 pound brisket. Just fired up the XL and gonna throw the shoulders on soon and put the brisket on around 10 and then head out for drinks. Think I'm gonna pull the cyberq out and try to keep it around 225. I wasn't even going for brisket but I picked up a brisket in the halal section and it bent completely in half. It has a nice fat cap with no hard fat at all on it.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I took the meat from the leftover ribs and made a sandwich for lunch. Oh my, it was awesome! I think @griffin had a thread about doing that awhile back. The rib sandwich may have been better than the ribs themself.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Budgeezer
    Options
    Last night's dinner. Two skillet pizzas one with chorizo salsa and Chester, the other with motz tomatoes and soprasatta.
    Edina, MN

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    @skiddymarker, MDSH thanks you. He said it was the best he's ever had. Coming from an Okie who has eaten quit a few chicken fried steaks that is high praise. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !