Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed pork loin

Options
I did this a few days ago, everybody said they liked it so here goes.

I took a nice center cut of pork loin about ten inches long. Trimmed it of all excess fat. Cut off two 1/2 inch thick chops from this and set aside. then, with a long slicing knife I cut the loin in a spiral fashion and rolled it out. I wish I would have taken a pic at this point but I forgot. After you have it sliced spirally flatten it with a tenderizer to about 1/2 inch thick. Next I applied a liberal coating of rub followed by a mixture of olive oil, minced garlic and minced chipotle peppers with adobo sauce. I applied this "wall to wall" The more chipotle and adobo the hotter it will be.Then a layer of fresh baby spinach followed by a layer of applewood smoked ham.

The next step is a layer of alpine swiss cheese followed by some smoked sharp cheddar cheese

Next I rolled it all up. Start with a short end like in from right to left.
Now cover the whole thing with bacon. 
Tie the roll in about four places with string. Take the two chops and place them on the ends and tie the roast horizontally to hold them in place.
I place these chops so the cheese doesn't ooze out while cooking.

imageimage
Throw some more rub all over it
I cooked mine indirect with a drip pan at about 350 as measured by a Maverick right on the grate.
I took it off at 150 degrees and let it sit about twenty minutes. I used bourbon barrel bungs for smoke.
And this is what I ended up with

imageimage

Comments