Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vintage Mini on Ebay

It is interesting that this mini went this high. For those who have never seen a "seamed" egg,  look closely at the dome. This old egg originally was made in 2 halves and a ceramic cement was used to fuse them together (dome and base).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-GREEN-EGG-MINI-/231087927638?pt=Barbecues_Grills_Smokers&hash=item35cde9f156#ht_917wt_1219

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    That's crazy someone paid that much. That's the same as the first mini I had and the inside diameter was smaller than current versions so the woo wouldn't fit in it. Also the fire ring was thick and also left like a half inch gap all the way around the outside so it wasted alot of cooking area. You really could only get 1 steak on at a time and the new fire ring wouldn't fit since the diameter was smaller. Mine was stamped patent pending on the bottom. I paid $100 for mine.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Always amazes me what people will spend on Ebay.  I once sold a Bose radio/CD player for $100 more than the retail price.
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    I was keeping an eye on this and when it went over $150 I was out. When it went over $300 I thought, what are they thinking!
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Must of been a hefty shipping charge, or a "pick up" only.
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    That's nuts. I bought mine brand new (newer model with bigger handle), with warranty for less than what they paid (don't forget shipping). Someone wanted a mini really badly. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    warwoman said:
    Must of been a hefty shipping charge, or a "pick up" only.
    Shipping to SoCal was going to be 38 bucks.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser