Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket question...

I have a nine pound flat. I don't need to cook the whole thing at once due to having a small family. The opinion I am looking for is this...Do I cook the whole thing and vac pac the meat , or do I cut it in half and cook it as I need it ? Looking for some brisket wisdom.. :-) Here is my last one 7lb :-)
More meat please !! :-)
image.jpg 761K
image.jpg 896.3K
image.jpg 681.6K
·

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,460
    Cook once and eat many times is my motto! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • I have the same waiting to do this weekend. Only two of us.  I cook it whole, slice and vac seal for meals.  Punch a small hole in the seal bag, microwave and enjoy later.  Do the same thing for ribs and chicken.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • I'm with Granny and Dave. I'll be doing the same thing...I'll start it at 2 am Sunday morning and plan on eating Sunday afternoon.
    ·
  • Cook the whole thing. Take all left overs and chop it and mix with sauce. It will keep in the fridge for about a week and will freeze nicely. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 204
    edited November 2013
    THANK YOU ALL !!! whole it will be on Sunday and lunch it will be next week , and another dinner too !! peace to all ! :-)
    More meat please !! :-)
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    Things chopped brisket is good for:

Sammiches
    Omelets
    Tacos
    Empinadas
    Quesadillas

Things chopped brisket is not good for:
    Pudding]
    Martinis
    ·
  • Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,060
    leftover brisket also makes great pasta sauce: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1153112/blingity-bling-bling-and-brisket-spaghetti-sauce-on-the-mini

That flat looks awesome! I didn't know a flat by itself could come out looking that good. Any tips?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • You could not have a better looking brisket.......good job
    ·
  • Agree with everyone here, cook it and vac seal for many meals to come. Also makes great chilli. I'm doing a 9 lb Flat tomorrow myself, trying Travis method
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·