Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket question...

I have a nine pound flat. I don't need to cook the whole thing at once due to having a small family. The opinion I am looking for is this...Do I cook the whole thing and vac pac the meat , or do I cut it in half and cook it as I need it ? Looking for some brisket wisdom.. :-) Here is my last one 7lb :-)
Yes, this is the biggest one they make.
image.jpg 761K
image.jpg 896.3K
image.jpg 681.6K
·

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,428
    Cook once and eat many times is my motto! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • I have the same waiting to do this weekend. Only two of us.  I cook it whole, slice and vac seal for meals.  Punch a small hole in the seal bag, microwave and enjoy later.  Do the same thing for ribs and chicken.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • I'm with Granny and Dave. I'll be doing the same thing...I'll start it at 2 am Sunday morning and plan on eating Sunday afternoon.
    ·
  • Cook the whole thing. Take all left overs and chop it and mix with sauce. It will keep in the fridge for about a week and will freeze nicely. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 204
    edited November 2013
    THANK YOU ALL !!! whole it will be on Sunday and lunch it will be next week , and another dinner too !! peace to all ! :-)
    Yes, this is the biggest one they make.
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    Things chopped brisket is good for:

Sammiches
    Omelets
    Tacos
    Empinadas
    Quesadillas

Things chopped brisket is not good for:
    Pudding]
    Martinis
    ·
  • Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,585
    leftover brisket also makes great pasta sauce: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1153112/blingity-bling-bling-and-brisket-spaghetti-sauce-on-the-mini

That flat looks awesome! I didn't know a flat by itself could come out looking that good. Any tips?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • You could not have a better looking brisket.......good job
    ·
  • Agree with everyone here, cook it and vac seal for many meals to come. Also makes great chilli. I'm doing a 9 lb Flat tomorrow myself, trying Travis method
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·