Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White BBQ Sauce/Similar To Bob Gibson's

Options
Grillin' Bill
Grillin' Bill Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would have posted the recipe earlier but I hesitated since it was in the June issue of Food and Wine. I wasn't sure of policy for copying a recipe that was from what I assumed to be a copyrighted recipe, though I could not find this as part of the magazine. If any one has any thoughts I'd appreciate their comments.
But to give credit where credit is due--this came from the June 2000 issue of Food & Wine. The article was "All-American Grilling" by Steve Raichlen (author of the Barbecue Bible). So here goes:[p]White BBQ Sauce[p]1 cup mayonaise
2-4 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly grated or prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper[p]Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.[p]There are many other great grilling recipes in the magazine that I am sure will give you many ideas. [p]Grillin Bill

Comments