Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Vintage Mini on Ebay

It is interesting that this mini went this high. For those who have never seen a "seamed" egg,  look closely at the dome. This old egg originally was made in 2 halves and a ceramic cement was used to fuse them together (dome and base).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-GREEN-EGG-MINI-/231087927638?pt=Barbecues_Grills_Smokers&hash=item35cde9f156#ht_917wt_1219

·

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 3,651
    That's crazy someone paid that much. That's the same as the first mini I had and the inside diameter was smaller than current versions so the woo wouldn't fit in it. Also the fire ring was thick and also left like a half inch gap all the way around the outside so it wasted alot of cooking area. You really could only get 1 steak on at a time and the new fire ring wouldn't fit since the diameter was smaller. Mine was stamped patent pending on the bottom. I paid $100 for mine.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Always amazes me what people will spend on Ebay.  I once sold a Bose radio/CD player for $100 more than the retail price.
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 771
    I was keeping an eye on this and when it went over $150 I was out. When it went over $300 I thought, what are they thinking!
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • warwomanwarwoman Posts: 210
    Must of been a hefty shipping charge, or a "pick up" only.
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,791
    That's nuts. I bought mine brand new (newer model with bigger handle), with warranty for less than what they paid (don't forget shipping). Someone wanted a mini really badly. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 771
    warwoman said:
    Must of been a hefty shipping charge, or a "pick up" only.
    Shipping to SoCal was going to be 38 bucks.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·