Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Wings Idea

six_egg
six_egg Posts: 1,110
edited November 2013 in Appetizers
I have never tried to marinate my wings. This time I'm trying it out. I got four pounds of wings in  a gallon bag of sriracha sauce.
What do you all think.  Good idea or fail?  

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,869
    It should - how long you going for? May I suggest at least overnight if not 24 hours? One of my favorite marinates I soak them in for 50 hours - yup I said 50 hours! Can't go longer though as the concoction includes lemon juice which eventually starts to alter the chicken meat in a bad way!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • six_egg
    Ah thank you your comment. I will marinate for almost 24.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,869
    You're welcome! Since you are taking the lead on this eggperiment please be sure to post a follow up of your results!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • six_egg
    Yes I will.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• six_egg
    @RRP The wings were my best ever. I pulled them out of the bag put some Vodoo rub on them (Local hot rub), cayenne pepper and black pepper. cooked at 350 - 400 direct. Pulled off into a SS bowl put Moore's wings sauce with some Frank's. I posted a picture of the final product. The big pile are the hot ones. The were hot but also had a good flavor.  

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Interesting, will have to try this!  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• six_egg
    I have to add I did put corn starch on the wings before cooking after the spices. I think it helped the Moore's stick better. Also no butter when I mix in the sauce at the end. Butter makes them less hot.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• It was wings that drew me to the BGE back in '90. They would cook them up in front of the old store on Chamblee. Never turned back and never eat fried wings again..

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating