Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Show us your Man Cave

Village Idiot
Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
edited November 2013 in Off Topic
Here's mine.

It's 2:00 in the afternoon.  My wife is out of town, so I'm drinking Cuba Libres and sharpening knives in my Man Cave.  Does life get any better than this (outside of bed)?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• I don't have one...or a card

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I don't have one...or a card
    Maybe your wife will let you borrow her's now and then.   =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited November 2013
    imageimageimageimageMy man cave is my workshop. I have a slideshow, but can't get it to upload here. Oh well here are some shots.image
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    I gots two:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    For some reason, the fidelity of older pics I have on Photobucket has gone way down…   X(

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

•  

RRP said:
    imageimageimageimageMy man cave is my workshop. I have a slideshow, but can't get it to upload here. Oh well here are some shots.image
    Gimme a little project and four hours, I'll have that looking like my garage.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRP
    LOL - just wish I could learn how to up load more than one picture at a time using this iMac and well as how to insert pictures in order - these are jumbled up!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    RRP said:
    LOL - just wish I could learn how to up load more than one picture at a time using this iMac and well as how to insert pictures in order - these are jumbled up!

Well that seems to be the only thing "jumbled up".  My shop looks like a bomb went off in it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    VI. Your right up my alley. BBQ, booze and bullets.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Nice! I just relocated my "mannex" and need to grab some new pics. RRP, I love the homemade blast gates!
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
  • Here's mine!  

I wish . . . 
    8->
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Would you just stop?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Would you just stop?
    Hey.  I'm not hitting on her.  At my age, I just tap on them.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    VI , Do you keep your pink Vespa in your man cave?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    @VI What's up with the little Weber outside the cave, is he In time out?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• @Ksoko  I keep my Vespa at the Harley dealer to show it what it needs to become when it grows up.

@Tuttle871 I haven't used the little Weber since I got my Mini, but I keep it in reserve for an eventual overload.  I did just get in my rotisserie for my big Weber.  I am going to use that for the Thanksgiving Turkey.  I'll use my large Egg for Tamale Dressing and other stuff.

I'm not an exclusive Egg whore.  I use whatever device I think will work best with the task at hand.  And, that includes cooktop, oven, microwave, Weber, Sous Vide, deep fryer, propane turkey fryer, crockpot, Mini Egg, and Large Egg.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Would you just stop?
    Hey.  I'm not hitting on her.  At my age, I just tap on them.
    More like a light breeze I think

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Here's the important end of the new man cave... Sideways of course.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    VI -  I'm not an exclusive egg whore either.  Have the rotisserie for one of my kettles too and really wish there was a rotisserie for the egg.  Have you tried Stubbs briquettes? Usually available at Lowes and far better than Kingsford.  Unlike their lump,  Stubbs briqs are very good.  Whatever binders etc they use in Kingsford smelled awful.  

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, Cal.
    I'll go to Lowes and get some Stubbs.

I read an interesting story on Kingsford though.  Henry Ford noticed that he was having a lot of wood left over from making Model T Fords, and thought there might be a market for charcoal.  So, he made a company with a relative named....  Kingsford.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Lowflyer said:
    Here's the important end of the new man cave... Sideways of course.
    Nice
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • RRP
    Nice! I just relocated my "mannex" and need to grab some new pics. RRP, I love the homemade blast gates!
    Thanks - I made those before the plastic ones were so commonly and economically available. Besides being of wood allowed me to install a switch on the underneath side of each which when opened tripped a 24 volt relay and kicked on the central vac.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Here's mine. I really hate the "man cave" slang. This is my garage. There's tools in that workbench that date back to the turn of the century-- that I still use!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Where is NolaEgghead, he has a doosey
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • RRP
    Jeremiah said:
    Here's mine. I really hate the "man cave" slang. This is my garage. There's tools in that workbench that date back to the turn of the century-- that I still use!
    I love those work benches! Care to share more about their history? and how you got them? PM me if you don't want to share that info here. They are BEAUTIFUL!
  • In a cleaner and less accessorized time.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    image My familyroom is my cave!! With just 2 of us here the SWMBO gets the upstairs with the computer and office and I get the family room with TV,iPad and fridge 10ft away. Tonight we have the granddaughter so she has taken over my area ;;)

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    RRP said:

I fine that by opening a new page in "Note" and placing from photobucket in the correct order then copy that into the forum.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    Mickey said:
    RRP said:
    M

I fine that by opening a new page in "Note" and placing from photobucket in the correct order then copy that into the forum.

Thanks, Mickey, but obviously I have far more to learn about this iMac. How do you keep anything open while adding something to another work in progress? I have to shut every thing down before moving to the next thing and then editing back and forth.