Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What y'all cooking tonight?

I got some baby backs (1st time for me) and a 6lb Boston butt. Plan on picking up some sausage to go with it. Dizzy's Red Eye on the ribs and Dizzy Dust course grind on the butt. Gonna put the ribs and butt on @ 250 with peach for smoke in about an hour. When the ribs finish I will bump temp and finish the butt turbo style.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

image.jpg 2.6M
·

Comments

• I have about a 12 pound Bluefish that I caught the other day that I'm going to smoke in my LBGE will smoke with Mesquite at 200 degrees for about 6 hours 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    edited November 2013

Had a round roast in sous vide for 50 hours. Pulled it out last night for vaca frita.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,581
    Asked SWMBO to get turkey breast out of the freezer to thaw yesterday. If its thawed when I get home tonight I'll roast it tonight to try out my Chef's Choice 615 slicer that just arrived.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • I am forced to eat out this weekend because I'm heading to ATL to pickup my BGE table!  It will be worth it in the end.

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,549
    Trying Tandoori chicken.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,768
    nada tonight - hopefully tomorrow night when we have friends over and its not too cold out.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    And we're off and running! And I'm leaving for a couple hours. We'll see what she looks like when I get back.
    image.jpg 2.7M

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,776
    No egging tonight for me... Not sure about the rest of the weekend
    ·
  • Was all set to reverse sear some 1-1/2" NY strips BUT - my butcher misread the order and I got 1/2" thick NY strips. Who eats 1/2" strips? Part of a larger order so I did not notice until I got home. Chicken fried steaks it is, not egging, but the next best thing. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Some boneless chicken breasts with Jamaican Firewalk for the first time
    image.jpg 983.4K
    ·
  • Baked taters and porterhouse steaks.

Reverse sear of course!
    Nowhere Indiana
    ·
    Sounds like there will be a lot of good food made tonight. @Skiddymarker feel free to post up a pic of those chicken fried steaks. @midwestsmoker your gonna love them breasts. @hapster I'm sure you will find time to egg something..

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,453
    It's a biggie. Are you sitting down? Hold on to your seat....Costco clam chowder! On our way to the little Grand's soccer game. Tomorrow is fried calamari, rib eyes and watching football. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    edited November 2013
    Getting ready to pull a Big Chuck Roast out of my new Sous Vedi Demi after 72 hrs, will crank the Egg up to around 650-700 degrees, sear each side one minute and hopefully enjoy, its my first one this long.

Cheers
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • Here is my bluefish and a added bonus striped bass fillet
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Here is the bluefish and a bonus striped bass filletimage
    image.jpg 1.4M
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,303

A DO full of Texas Red. The neighborhood has a Chili Cook Off tomorrow.

We will light um up with a little heat.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
    Hot dogs, Conecuh sausage, and baby backs are done. Butt is in the stall. Having a Orange Shandy for hydration.
    image.jpg 1.5M
    image.jpg 1.4M

·
    The ribs were awesome! The butt is just now coming off. Have a look at this meteorite.
    image.jpg 2.2M

·
  • Spatchcock chicken, chicken sausage and asparagus sautéed with mushroom
    ·
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 197
    Throwing a 7# butt on in the morning.
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,581
    Turkey breast was still frozen when I got home. So nothing tonight.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • shtgunal3 said:
    The ribs were awesome! The butt is just now coming off. Have a look at this meteorite.
    Nice bark on the extra-terrestial - we do the chicken fried steak a la Pioneer Woman pretty regularly, no pics as did not see the request - was very good, NY strip is much better than round for these things, Jaccard the bejesus out of them and they melt in your mouth - maybe next time. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Heres the finished striped bass fillet imageimage
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • here is the bluefishimageimage
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • The fish looks great @Charlesmaneri! ;
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • @TexanOfTheNorth yeah it turned out fantastic belive it or not the Bluefish was better then the Striped bass I cooked it 195 degrees the bass took like 41/2 hours and the bluefish took almost 61/2 hours I used Mesquite wood for the smoke I'm very happy with the out come 
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • @TexanOfTheNorth yeah it turned out fantastic belive it or not the Bluefish was better then the Striped bass I cooked it 195 degrees the bass took like 41/2 hours and the bluefish took almost 61/2 hours I used Mesquite wood for the smoke I'm very happy with the out come 
    Mrs. TOTN doesn't care much for smoked fish but I love it. You ought to come up for the Toronto or Niagara Eggfest next year and do some there!  :P
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • @TexanOfTheNorth I would love to attend that event I went to my 1st Egg event in October I went to Eggtoberfest and had a great time   when is this event if you could send me the details I will check my work calendar and see if it's doable 
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·