Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to do with all these purdy catfish?

Options

Hey Fellas, I wanted to find out what yall would do with this fine catch of blue and channel catfish I caught nightfishing @ the Santee Cooper lakes a few nights ago.  Normally I would cut them into nuggets and whip up some hushpuppies. Then batter and deepfry them, but since I have the egg and unlimited tips and knowledge thanks to you guys I would like to try something different.  So far, the only fish I've cooked was a large slab of salmon on an extra thick cedar plank with some Old Bay blackened seasoning.  With this catfish I would prefer something with more of a cajun flavor, and on the spicy side.  This pic was only half the fish I caught that night, the other half went with my buddy.  The biggest of the night was 27 lbs. with an average of around 8 lbs. 

My dream is to have enough meat saved up so I can cook at the next eggfest and have enough catfish for everyone to enjoy!  Hopefully by next year I will be comfortable enough with my cooks to attempt to cook at eggfest! Thanks Guys for all your help!

Comments