Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody gonna get the new iGrillMini?

Anybody gonna get the new iGrillMini? http://idevicesinc.com/igrill/
Or what are your thoughts on the iGrill?

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Bluetooth range is too short for me. Maverick is up to 300'. Next step for me is CyberQ or Stoker so I can monitor from anywhere.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    No. I stopped using any of them except my Thermapen. No wires for me.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    It looks like a slick device, but it appears to only have 1 probe so you can't monitor both meat temp and pit temp. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @Mickey Yep, I wouldn't trust probe wires at 400* raised direct. ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • I got all upset when my mavericks started acting funny, but @mickey encouraged me to go commando and I haven't looked back.

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    I bought the iGrill twice when it went on sale and returned it both times. Bluetooth doesn't have the range I need. The maverick et-73 works fine for me. Might upgrade to the et-733 if mine dies, but I've been considering one of the wifi controllers too. The price is kinda steep though for one of those.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • These devices will pay for a lot of meat.  i'll just keep doing things the old fashion way.  I like the technology but hate paying for it when there is a simpler way.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • What are you commando guys using to get grid temp if not using some sort of wire probe?? NFG would like to know.

Charlotte, NC LBGE

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    I like to use a controller only below 250F but I cook everything 275F or higher so there's no need. The egg runs petty stable above that so there's no need to do overnight, either. Turbo. Myron.