Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Dealer in the NE Dallas TX Area

I'm thinking about visiting the daughter and family in Sachse, TX (75048) area this Thanksgiving week. I'd like a recommendation or two regarding a preferred dealer in the NE Dallas area because I'm considering an XL BGE as a holiday gift for them. I figure the egg, plate setter, and nest are the basic requirements to get started but may consider a decent package deal if the cost is comparable. I also want to get a DigiQ system for them since I have one and really enjoy mine.
I'm retired US Navy so a military discount is always appreciated.
·

Comments

• MJHMJH Posts: 102
    Premier Grilling on Plano at Park and Preston.
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    Elliot's Hardware in Plano (NW corner of Park and Coit) - great people and good package deals.
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,241
    +1 on Elliot's

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 443
    +2 on Elliot's Hardware
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776

-1 on Elliot's after hearing some stories and the fact that I can never get any help when I am in there and ready to spend money. Most of the "good" people are gone and have moved on.

Gold Medal Pools in Frisco.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,241

Oops, new owners at Elliot's. I forgot.

Griffin is correct. Thanks for the reminder. Was looking for a mini.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I would say Jackson's also, when I got mine they matched anybody else and the customer service is real good also.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,083
    Drive to Salado....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I've heard Natural Selections in Carrollton has great pricing. I have no experience with them.
    ·
  • txav8rtxav8r Posts: 153
    edited November 2013

1+ on Natural Selections in Carrollton.  I bought my egg from them and they will be as cheap or cheaper than anyone in the metroplex.  But they are a stone, tile, and fixture store for kitchen and baths.  They may not have an XL in stock, so if you want one, call them and arrange for it ahead.  They aren't a grill storefront, but you won't beat their pricing.  They will get you any accessory you want, but may need a day to get it  Ask for Suzy...

Natural Selections LLC
    2525 Tarpley Rd., Ste. 120
    Carrollton, TX 75006
    Phone: 972-417-1920  ext. 217
    Just far enough north of DFW to be "rural"...and close enough to be urban, depending on my mood.
    ·
  • Thanks to all for the suggestions.
    Now for the shopping to begin!
    ·
  • tdub4tdub4 Posts: 72
    +1 Gold Medal Pools here
    ·
  • After a little research and following some of the advice given here I decided to call Natural Selections. Suzy quoted a great price and tailored the package to only the items I thought necessary. My daughter now has the XL BGE and couldn't be happier! I told her that the only problems she'll have is getting the neighbors to stop showing up at every cookout with their XL plates. =;
    Anyone in the Dallas area should definitely check out Natural Selections when considering a new egg!
    ·
  • Pool Stop in rockwall is BGE dealer
    ·