Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Most of the sous vide fajitas

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
edited November 2013 in Beef

Sous vided a flap steak for 24 hours at 131*. Drained it , dried it and seasoned it with a little tex-mex rub I made up

photo 002-11.jpg

On to a really really hot ci pan

photo 004-11.jpg

Flipped after about 30 seconds

photo 008-8.jpg

photo 009-7.jpg

Had all the stuff ready

photo 010-6.jpg

Heated another ci pan in the egg and threw the vegetable stuff on. Brought it in and threw the meat in. Didn't get any sizzling/steaming pics but it was awesome.

photo 012-6.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Looks great!  How did you pick the SV temp of 131? Asking since I'm  about to start trying some SV cooks. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,461
    Is that butter in the skillet with the steak? Looks mighty fine..... ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    edited November 2013
    caliking said:
    Looks great!  How did you pick the SV temp of 131? Asking since I'm  about to start trying some SV cooks. 
    I think that is generally considered the lowest temp. I learned the hard way. Did a piece of beef at 120 for like 20 hours and It didn't smell that good. Ate it anyway.
    :-&. You may not know me real well but I don't like read directions and stuff. I think Nola tried to warn me off but didn't listen. Now he is a studious guy.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Can we make out? That looks so good I could kiss you. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • I'm feeling all shoogily Trav!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·