Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Manrakes or Bear Paws for pulling? Which do you prefer.

Options
2»

Comments

• Loosemoose
    Options
    I totally agree, it just struck me very funny. Carry on folks.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    caliking said:

I usually use my fingers, but have been thinking about getting the Bear Claws. Used to use forks, but I pull the meat in a metal pan, and the metal-on-metal screech made my skin crawl.

Manrakes - rake...

Bear Claws - bear...

=MAN CLAWS!!!
  • SmokinOutBack
    Options

Well, dogs do like the barking thing.=P~

We're talking the really heavy bark, like burnt, charred, etc. My dog is my best friend.

:-c
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    edited November 2013
    Options
    to each his own indeed, for me bark+fat= cream of the crop  :D

fortunately, with large buffer around the butts in my XL, I seldom get burnt, charred nasties. protecting the corners that stick out with foil also helps.
    canuckland
  • ChuckChampion
    Options
    I think you may be the outcast for feeding the bark to the dog. That's crazy talk!
  • rsmith193
    Options
    I have used both and went back to using cotton gloves with nitrile gloves ovdr them. Much easier and faster. IMHO
  • Canugghead
    Options
    rsmith193 said:
    I have used both and went back to using cotton gloves with nitrile gloves ovdr them. Much easier and faster. IMHO
    Agree, but I like to use my Manrakes to stir the pot once in a while  :D
    canuckland
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    At the risk of being the outcast, I prefer neither. When I smoke a couple of butts and want to make pulled pork, I like to go over all the meat and pull with gloved hands. I make 3 piles, one that I and others will eat, one for the dog, and the other one for the trash can. The trash is all the fat and crap, the dogpile one is the questionable stuff but I know she will love, bark, etc..and the keeper pile is the cream of the crop that I will serve. By using these tools mentioned I'd never be able to separate the 3 which is important to me. Butt, to each is own.

Bark....bark, bark ... Please mail the damned old "bark" to Salado, Tx @ bark, bark ( dog voice).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Canugghead
    Options
    @Mickey - way OT, sorry for bothering you with PM,  Went back this morning and the test proved battery was defective ... they replaced it under warranty.  Happy ending. Thanks.
    canuckland
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @Mickey - way OT, sorry for bothering you with PM,  Went back this morning and the test proved battery was defective ... they replaced it under warranty.  Happy ending. Thanks.

So sorry for not getting back to you last night. Was sitting at the Baylor / Okla game and could read messages but not send. Also wanted to get with my service director this morning to get you an answer. Send note anytime and glad it is warranty.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I seperate by hand first to get the fat out then pull with claws. I used to use gloves and forks and the claws do a better job in half the time.