Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What the heck meat did I buy???

A few weeks ago I picked up 2 briskets (I thought) from Restaurant Depot; cooked one and froze the other.  I pulled the frozen one out today in preparation for a weekend cook, and I noticed that the label read Superior Angus Beef Bottom Round Flat.  Uhhhhhhhh.... the first one I cooked was clearly a brisket, but I don't recall focusing on the label.  This time around I'm afraid that some other cut found its way into the pile of briskets that I picked through at RD.

So what is this cut?  How do I cook it?  If I'm planning on cooking brisket, can I treat this meat the same way, or should I go out and buy an actual brisket? 

Comments