Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sneak Peek

Debated on sharing this till I really tried it out and had a full review ready, but was so excited I had to share. I was recently contacted and asked to try out a new pit controller coming on the market. Sad thing is there is nothing on the Egg, just testing it out since we already had dinner plans. Not as fancy as the DigiQ or CyberQ or Stoker, but a step up from the entry levels. It has a pit probe as well as meat probe, open lid detect and a ramp function. No wifi. First run was promising, we'll see. Think I'll try some ribs or something this weekend. Can't do a brisket or butt as I have to work all weekend.image

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    @Griffin - I notice you're running with the DTFM.  What temp are you holding with that controller?
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,489
    Held 170 for awhile just to see if it could, then bumped it up to 250.

Rowlett, Texas

• New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    Cool - thanks.  Even with a controller on the intake I didn't realize you could hold a temp as low as 250, let alone 170, with no daisy wheel.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,243
    Competition is good. Any idea of the price range?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • pkaboo1pkaboo1 Posts: 115
    How much?
    Snellville,Ga.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,489
    edited November 2013
    Whoops. That picture was when I just fired it up. Hadn't put the daisy on it yet,

Rowlett, Texas

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,500
    edited November 2013
    pkaboo1caliking - no charge if you have a successful blog?
    canuckland
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,108
    Cool! They sent it to the right man! :) Can't wait to read your final review.