Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Scrap to handle

GK59GK59 Posts: 501

I had some scraps left over from a cutting board I made for a Christmas present. Also the weather has been crappy.

So I made this for my egg. The red is Padauk and the lower is Marblewood.  Those are brass screw inserts that had to be ground down.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·

Comments

• @GK59, I like it...I'm going to have to try my hand at something like that.
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    I think I'll order another handle and make a second one a bit different.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • Very nice.
    I want to try a polished, knotty tree branch done rustic style. Do you know what would be the best type of wood to use for that?

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    Nice =D>
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    That's  a great looking handle. I would like to try something like that, but the only wood scraps I have around are 2x4's and plywood :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • that turned out really nice.  love the color
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
    ·
    Fearless anything will work. I'll have to find a nice stick.
    Caliking I made picture frames out of plywood using the plys as the face for a rustic look. Woodcraft has some laminated stock in different colors. They aren't big pieces , but you could get 2 handles out out one. 

No right ,no wrongs with making one.

I picked up a piece of 3/4" x 1/8" strip of aluminum from Ace today and will bend another handle and make another with a different pattern or combination of wood. May be make a different one for different seasons or holidays. I could stain a green one for St Pat's Day, or a red and white one for my Polish heritage.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    You know how the Germans defeated Poland in WW2? They marched in backwards and we thought they were leaving.

Hey, my last name is 10 letters long... I can tell that.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    henapple I beat you by 1 letter. I win.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • My mom is 100% Polski. So I can laugh at that.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    GK59 said:
    But the real question is... how many vowels? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    GK59 said:
    But the real question is... how many vowels? 

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·

Whipped up a second handle  yesterday. Going to give this one to my local dealer Jim.

I bought a strip of aluminum from Ace. Just hand bent to shape.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·