Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It's Rib Night at the Tiki Bar!

FearlessTheEggNoobFearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 477
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
I'm really starting to get the hang of this rib stuff.

Both dry rub style no sauce, just under 5 hours no foil or flip. Rufus Teague over worcestershire on the left, Rub Some Butt over Grey Poupon on the right.
I thought the bark looked a little crusty so I brushed it with melted butter for the last 15 min.

·

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 343
    Looks great!!!!!!!!!!! Have to do ribs this weekend. Thanks for Pics and what you used.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 767
    I love the set up. I'm a firm believer in ribs down meat up only. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 982
    Looks great. You a parrot head?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • CPARKTX said:
    Sure, why not. I like Jimmy Buffet. But I'm actually more of a Hair Metal Band kinda guy.

·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 997
    CPARKTX said:
    Sure, why not. I like Jimmy Buffet. But I'm actually more of a Hair Metal Band kinda guy.
    What dome or grate temp did you cook at?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,735
    Ribs look great! More pics of the tiki bar please.. looks like a fun place :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • FearlessTheEggNoobFearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 477
    edited November 2013
    My BBQ Guru had it locked in at 250 grid the whole time. I used the plate setter for indirect. I did notice that the thinner rack was ever-so-slightly dry for my preference so the thicker rack on the right was the winner of the two. Bear in mind that I personally am not a fan of bark, and not a fan of fall off the bone either. I'm looking for a perfect sweet spot between the two.

If I would have been served either of these racks at a BBQ joint I would have been very pleased. However I think I can do better. Next time I am going to try to match the rib thicknesses, and see what a 3 - 1 - .5 foiling method will get me.

·