Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It's Rib Night at the Tiki Bar!

FearlessTheEggNoobFearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 512
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
I'm really starting to get the hang of this rib stuff.

Both dry rub style no sauce, just under 5 hours no foil or flip. Rufus Teague over worcestershire on the left, Rub Some Butt over Grey Poupon on the right.
I thought the bark looked a little crusty so I brushed it with melted butter for the last 15 min.

·

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 344
    Looks great!!!!!!!!!!! Have to do ribs this weekend. Thanks for Pics and what you used.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    I love the set up. I'm a firm believer in ribs down meat up only. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Looks great. You a parrot head?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • CPARKTX said:
    Sure, why not. I like Jimmy Buffet. But I'm actually more of a Hair Metal Band kinda guy.

·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    CPARKTX said:
    Sure, why not. I like Jimmy Buffet. But I'm actually more of a Hair Metal Band kinda guy.
    What dome or grate temp did you cook at?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,974
    Ribs look great! More pics of the tiki bar please.. looks like a fun place :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • FearlessTheEggNoobFearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 512
    edited November 2013
    My BBQ Guru had it locked in at 250 grid the whole time. I used the plate setter for indirect. I did notice that the thinner rack was ever-so-slightly dry for my preference so the thicker rack on the right was the winner of the two. Bear in mind that I personally am not a fan of bark, and not a fan of fall off the bone either. I'm looking for a perfect sweet spot between the two.

If I would have been served either of these racks at a BBQ joint I would have been very pleased. However I think I can do better. Next time I am going to try to match the rib thicknesses, and see what a 3 - 1 - .5 foiling method will get me.

·