Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings on the Egg

Options
I must admit I have never cared for wings on the grill, but after seeing Griffin and some others on here rave about how good they are.... I decided to give them a try on the Egg. I kept it simple for the test run. I fired up the Egg got my temp to 400 deg. indirect, rubbed the wings down with some Dizzy Pig RR and put them on for a little over an hour threw them in a bowl and coverd them in Hooters buffalo wing sauce. I must say my eyes have been opened...They were amazing. Crunchy and moist at the same time  I would have taken pics but to be honest I didnt expect them to turn out that good.  

BGE-XL

North Alabama

Comments

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I am glad you liked them. I am doing some this weekend. I am going to marinate them in hot sauce.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Griffin said:
    And another one is converted!! Yes!! :-bd
    Your starting your own cult. And you did come from Waco also.

I'm starting to see a trend here.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Griffin said:

First I pull them in with wings, then I get them making tater tots and finally bacon wrapped tater tots!! I will convert the world to my point of view. Muah-ha-ha-ha!! >:)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Don't forget the sausage!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Griffin said:
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Griffin said:

First I pull them in with wings, then I get them making tater tots and finally bacon wrapped tater tots!! I will convert the world to my point of view. Muah-ha-ha-ha!! >:)
    I have seen your cooks/views I would jump off a cliff to have that ablity.  You make some awesome food @Griffin

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Griffin
    Options
    Ok, this got off topic real fast. So @egghead4bama did you serve them with bleu cheese or ranch? I've never tried the Hooter's wing sauce, but next time try and make some yourself. Super easy and I bet you'll like them even more.

Rowlett, Texas

• egghead4bama
    Options
    @Griffin. I prefer to no ranch or Bleu cheese with my buffalo wings Just an ice cold Yuengling. The wife prefers ranch.

BGE-XL

North Alabama

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options

The ranch and bleu cheese are just for the veggies - right?  Please don't tell me that some misguided souls dip their wings in that stuff.  If so, you need to make a better wing. (This is the corollary to "don't put fruit in beer").

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Wings, so many ways so few days. For a change try this recipe, they are one of our favourites. If you boil and reduce the marinade it is excellent. Originated by a Texan who cheers for the Vikings so you know he is crazy.  

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Cooked some wings on mine this pasted Sunday.  They were good.  Little canola oil, salt, pepper, and Bad Byons.  Cooked around 425° direct.  They were good.  Tossed with Texas Pete and butter with a little honey and did some with Sweet Baby Ray's. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    I love to use the Raging River on Wings, along with a little corn starch
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Where you from @egghead4bama ?
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • egghead4bama
    Options

@Central_Bama_Egger..... I live in Hartselle.

BGE-XL

North Alabama

• Griffin
    Options
    Cooked some wings on mine this pasted Sunday.  They were good.  Little canola oil, salt, pepper, and Bad Byons.  Cooked around 425° direct.  They were good.  Tossed with Texas Pete and butter with a little honey and did some with Sweet Baby Ray's. 

Texas Pete? That stuff is made in North Carolina! Get a rope! Just another company cashing in on the best state in the country. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

• ChuckChampion
    Options
    Looking forward to trying tonight.  Gonna stick with the indirect cook at 400 for an hour.  cant wait!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Griffin said:

Texas Pete? That stuff is made in North Carolina! Get a rope! Just another company cashing in on the best state in the country. ;)
    Texas Pete is indeed made in Winston Salem, NC. 

Unfortunately I will have to disagree with the best state in the country. :) Yet that is subjective... Like what is BBQ in Texas, right?  Pork or Beef?  Hehe...
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    The other way is at 400 raised and direct. Works for me.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Griffin said:
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Griffin said:

Don't let Janet Reno find out!!!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA