Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

South Carolina pulled port

In the past I've done what I guess is a North Carolina style pulled pork. I wanted to try something a little different this time around and mosey'd my way south. The recipe I'm using comes from an episode of Cooks Country with a modification (I'm not going to use the oven - start to finish cooking will be in the Egg). I'm also for the first time going to inject the butts. It turns out I should have RTFM about how to use my nifty syringe. Oops.

Dry rub waiting to be applied

Injection/brine with a wee addition (I put about 1tbsp of Makers in - I have no idea if alcohol is a good or bad thing for injecting)

16lbs of boneless butts

The butts after injection waiting a last rub in of the rub. I found that the amount of rub the recipe made to be insufficient (top, bottom, sides as well as the interior where the bone was).

Comments