Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Craigslist fools

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
I've downloaded the cl app and have been following several areas for used bges. Where do all the "new in the box" eggs come from? The prices people ask are ridiculous... What does "pre-seasoned mean... Used? They usually say the warranty is transferred?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Please send me $999., and I will do my best to have a new Toyota delivered to your door. No strings.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:
    Please send me $999., and I will do my best to have a new Toyota delivered to your door. No strings.
    Do you ship international? I'll take two! Cheque ins in the mail......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey said:
    Do you ship international? I'll take two! Cheque ins in the mail......

Not a problem. As soon as the check clears I will do my best to deliver you a new Toyota.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Are you sure that's right? Texas looks too small.

That's awesome...
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • henapple
    The only thing small in Texas is @mickey and his mini...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    That was my observation as well as brand new mediums were popping up around the country and all were supposedly won in a contest, but nobody would say what contest. I even scouted one locally for a fellow who lived further away and I saw the box, etc myself, but the guy would only say with a twinkle in his eye "he won it in a contest".
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey said:
    I went down a few emails with a lady had a tacoma for sale.  It was like a 2004 double cab TRD 4x4 loaded around 60k mi. for $4 grand. 

Supposedly she was down the road from me, then when I got serious, she told me it was in a crate in Idaho and she would ship it to me after the money cleared.  Gave me a sob story about her son being killed in Iraq and she couldn't stand to see the truck again.  

Dirty scum that would try and manipulate people with those kind of stories. 

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited November 2013
    We've talked about this before, but if a "new" "unboxed" egg was sold, I couldn't see why the warranty wouldn't transfer. 

XLBGE 
  • henapple
    Name, authorized dealer, receipt. I called corporate a week ago to ask, left a message and still haven't received a response... Shouldhaveposted a thread promoting bge.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    There were numerous giveaways during the summer (e.g. Heineken, some bread company). The medium was being sold at Costco or Sam's, not sure if that was this year though - maybe folks are trying to flip them for a profit? So that could be it.

Speaking of scams, I  responded to a post, from the original owner, about a VW Westphalia in the Dallas area. Price was good, Westy was in great shape. Asked to see the van when I was up visiting my sister, but of course he was away attending his daughter's wedding for 1 month. Promised delivery 3 days after funds cleared, but sent me more pics so I could get a better look. One pic had the VIN number. Looked it up and last sale was several years ago, currently registered in CT.  Reported that  POS to the FTC. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRP said:
    That was my observation as well as brand new mediums were popping up around the country and all were supposedly won in a contest, but nobody would say what contest. I even scouted one locally for a fellow who lived further away and I saw the box, etc myself, but the guy would only say with a twinkle in his eye "he won it in a contest".

They fell off a truck. 

Flint, Michigan
  • Mrcookingnurse I've sold a few cars on craigslist myself and had the same sob stories from people wanting to buy the car, and when you get serious about them setting a time to see it they are overseas and want to pay me thru PayPal and want to send a hauler to pick it up. It wasn't just once, it would be 2 or 3 times a day. Finally I swore off selling anything on Craigslist ever again.
  • Follow the NW Florida and Lower Alabama areas. They have the best deals on used eggs. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited November 2013
    Are you sure that's right? Texas looks too small.

That's awesome...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Mickey said:
    I went down a few emails with a lady had a tacoma for sale.  It was like a 2004 double cab TRD 4x4 loaded around 60k mi. for $4 grand. 

Supposedly she was down the road from me, then when I got serious, she told me it was in a crate in Idaho and she would ship it to me after the money cleared.  Gave me a sob story about her son being killed in Iraq and she couldn't stand to see the truck again.  

Dirty scum that would try and manipulate people with those kind of stories. 
    I ran into almost the same thing a few years ago. The difference was that the person selling was passing herself off as a reservist suddenly being sent back to Iraq, and just wanted to get the vehicle off her hands so that she didn't have to pay storage at a dealership warehouse on the West coast. Something seemed wrong, and I hunted around. Eventually found there was no building at the address mention for the warehouse. Then found that it was a known scam.

My elderly father is continually sent mails saying he has won cars, lotteries, you name it. Eventually I was able to get him to let me check out many offers. Usually, a quick search would lead me straight to the Ripoffreport site. Now he mostly ignores most offers. Mostly, sigh.
  • henapple
    I received an email offering a free mini for 10 bags of Ozark Oak. When I showed up it was vi... He beat the hell out of me, poured homemade vanilla extract in my eyes and took the lump. I'm pretty sure while I was unconscious a deer humped me.
  • It was you ever present bacon smell that attracted them.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    henapple said:
    I received an email offering a free mini for 10 bags of Ozark Oak. When I showed up it was vi... He beat the hell out of me, poured homemade vanilla extract in my eyes and took the lump. I'm pretty sure while I was unconscious a deer humped me.

Let us pray it was a deer :-O

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    henapple said:
    Another reason to stay away from TN.  WTF is going on down there?

Garnerville, NY
  • henapple
    Hey, that was Austin... Their motto is "keep Austin weird". That's freaking weird
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    henapple said:
    Hey, that was Austin... Their motto is "keep Austin weird". That's freaking weird
    Wait, the Portland, OR motto is "keep Portland wired." D!!!, that's two weird.
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    @mickey I'm going to be in the market for a new Tacoma in the next 12 months.. should I make the drive down from Dallas to come see you?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Recently I have been purchased an abandoned storage unit with 10 prototype XXL's, boxes still in.  I have no use for them so I willing am to let them go at $1,000 each.  Just send me you credit card numbers, and SS #  and I will right away ship.

Serge Ilvonovich

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• henapple
    Address..? I'm in.
  • Mickey

Recently I have been purchased an abandoned storage unit with 10 prototype XXL's, boxes still in.  I have no use for them so I willing am to let them go at $1,000 each.  Just send me you credit card numbers, and SS #  and I will right away ship.

Serge Ilvonovich

Will trade you a $999 Toyota for one.

• henapple said:
    I've downloaded the cl app and have been following several areas for used bges. Where do all the "new in the box" eggs come from? The prices people ask are ridiculous... What does "pre-seasoned mean... Used? They usually say the warranty is transferred?
    My glasses are dirty and I thought you said I downloaded the clapp. I thought "can you do that". Looking for the windex wipes now

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

henapple said:

My glasses are dirty and I thought you said I downloaded the clapp. I thought "can you do that". Looking for the windex wipes now

I think you meant "down lowed the clapp". Gotta keep "makin' bacon" clandestine.
  • henapple said:
    Which Craigslist app do you use?
    Large BGE from Normal, IL 
  • henapple
    Craigslist pro... The free version. Droid