Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally got approved!

Options
Purchased my egg this past Saturday and couldn't be happier with my purchase! I thought I would introduce myself to all you other eggheads! Before my egg I was using the Char-griller Akorn and after switching it has been like night and day! Looking forward to adding more discussions and sharing some of my cooks with all of you guys!

LBGE, Char-Griller Akorn, Weber Kettle and a black lab.

Edmond, OK

Comments

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Your going to love it! Start saving for all the accessories and ancillary items!

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Welcome to the cult!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I've always wondered how the Egg compared to the Akorn. Have heard plenty of people rave about it, but none had ever cooked on an Egg to compare.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tmac3304
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Welcome aboard. I've always wondered how the Egg compared to the Akorn. Have heard plenty of people rave about it, but none had ever cooked on an Egg to compare.

The Akorn is honestly an awesome grill. I was trying to stay budget conscious so I purchased the bayou classic ceramic grill as well since we just added a new member to the family, I figured more money towards him. I had it for less than a month and took it back and got fed up and purchased the egg. So do not go that route ha but for a secondary grill, the Akorn is awesome. Had to do some sealing early on to it so once that was done, it works really well. The biggest difference between the two to me is the effect of the wind. The egg I feel can take the Oklahoma winds a lot easier than the Akorn.

Scott805 said:
    Welcome to the cult!
    Thanks Scott805 and BOOMER SOONER!

LBGE, Char-Griller Akorn, Weber Kettle and a black lab.

Edmond, OK

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Welcome to the lifestyle!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Welcome

BGE-XL

North Alabama

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Welcome to the Egghead lifestyle just remember if no photos it didn't happen 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Cymbaline65
    Options
    So I'm assuming that SWMBO is the "approver"? She's the CFO in my house and she's warming up to that "cute little mini Egg." Hey, cute's ok with me! Enjoy it and welcome to the cult.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    Ahhh, another cult member - welcome!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Enjoy

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited November 2013
    Options

Welcome to our world. Please be advised we have a troll on the forum as Village Idiot (VI). He posts pic's from other forums and pulled from the internet. Pay him no mind as it just encourages him.

Welcome.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Welcome aboard-enjoy the journey!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    Options
    Welcome! Great to have another Oklahoma egghead!
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Hoov said:
    Welcome! Great to have another Oklahoma egghead!
    Will be at the game in Waco Thur night..
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Welcome aboard, enjoy the Ride!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Welcome to the herd.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Raymont said:
    Welcome aboard. Your going to love it! Start saving for all the accessories and ancillary items!
    Very true. The cost of the egg is merely the beginning. Welcome!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN