Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wings on the Egg

I must admit I have never cared for wings on the grill, but after seeing Griffin and some others on here rave about how good they are.... I decided to give them a try on the Egg. I kept it simple for the test run. I fired up the Egg got my temp to 400 deg. indirect, rubbed the wings down with some Dizzy Pig RR and put them on for a little over an hour threw them in a bowl and coverd them in Hooters buffalo wing sauce. I must say my eyes have been opened...They were amazing. Crunchy and moist at the same time  I would have taken pics but to be honest I didnt expect them to turn out that good.  

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    I am glad you liked them. I am doing some this weekend. I am going to marinate them in hot sauce.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Griffin said:
    And another one is converted!! Yes!! :-bd
    Your starting your own cult. And you did come from Waco also.

I'm starting to see a trend here.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Griffin said:

First I pull them in with wings, then I get them making tater tots and finally bacon wrapped tater tots!! I will convert the world to my point of view. Muah-ha-ha-ha!! >:)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,350
    Don't forget the sausage!!

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    Griffin said:
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Griffin said:

First I pull them in with wings, then I get them making tater tots and finally bacon wrapped tater tots!! I will convert the world to my point of view. Muah-ha-ha-ha!! >:)
    I have seen your cooks/views I would jump off a cliff to have that ablity.  You make some awesome food @Griffin

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
    Ok, this got off topic real fast. So @egghead4bama did you serve them with bleu cheese or ranch? I've never tried the Hooter's wing sauce, but next time try and make some yourself. Super easy and I bet you'll like them even more.

Richardson, Texas

·
  • @Griffin. I prefer to no ranch or Bleu cheese with my buffalo wings Just an ice cold Yuengling. The wife prefers ranch.

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,498

The ranch and bleu cheese are just for the veggies - right?  Please don't tell me that some misguided souls dip their wings in that stuff.  If so, you need to make a better wing. (This is the corollary to "don't put fruit in beer").

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Wings, so many ways so few days. For a change try this recipe, they are one of our favourites. If you boil and reduce the marinade it is excellent. Originated by a Texan who cheers for the Vikings so you know he is crazy.  

IMGP2492.jpg 538.2K
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,546
    Cooked some wings on mine this pasted Sunday.  They were good.  Little canola oil, salt, pepper, and Bad Byons.  Cooked around 425° direct.  They were good.  Tossed with Texas Pete and butter with a little honey and did some with Sweet Baby Ray's. 

Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • I love to use the Raging River on Wings, along with a little corn starch
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Where you from @egghead4bama ?
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • @Central_Bama_Egger..... I live in Hartselle.

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·
    Cooked some wings on mine this pasted Sunday.  They were good.  Little canola oil, salt, pepper, and Bad Byons.  Cooked around 425° direct.  They were good.  Tossed with Texas Pete and butter with a little honey and did some with Sweet Baby Ray's. 

Texas Pete? That stuff is made in North Carolina! Get a rope! Just another company cashing in on the best state in the country. ;)

Richardson, Texas

·
  • Looking forward to trying tonight.  Gonna stick with the indirect cook at 400 for an hour.  cant wait!
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,546
    Griffin said:

Texas Pete? That stuff is made in North Carolina! Get a rope! Just another company cashing in on the best state in the country. ;)
    Texas Pete is indeed made in Winston Salem, NC. 

Unfortunately I will have to disagree with the best state in the country. :) Yet that is subjective... Like what is BBQ in Texas, right?  Pork or Beef?  Hehe...
    Thanks,

Matthew
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    The other way is at 400 raised and direct. Works for me.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 1,461
    Griffin said:
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Griffin said:

Don't let Janet Reno find out!!!!!
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA
    ·